Recent content by rmvvwls

1. R

Reverb Stealth on a 2013 Lapierre Zesty 514 carbon

I routed internal dropper hosing on my 2015 zesty last week without pulling either the forks or the bottom bracket, here's how: Took a 1m length of gear housing and a gear inner. Stripped all the outer wiring off the inner (Shimano inners are 2 layers) and then threaded it through the outer...
  2. R

Cartridge Bearings - looking for someone who actually knows something

Stick with steel bearings. You're not gonna overload them, it's the seal quality that'll get you in the end. Find somewhere that sells brand name bearings. SKF, NSK etc. As poodle said, needle bearings will will take a higher load and potentially last longer than ball bearings. Problem is I...
  3. R

Post your all mountain bike

For sure. Mate of mine will be finishing up exams too and will be up there (and knows the track), so that'd work well.
  4. R

Post your all mountain bike

Luco, we need to hit up Ourimbah like we said last time we rode :P Sweeeet rig dude. Current new toy: I swapped out the gear cables to colour coordinate them, and am going to order a KMC blue chain to finish it off. Also foam grips, cos I hate moto style ones.
  5. R

Knapsack Reserve Glenbrook Trail Build Days - 10th February 2018

A friend and I rode Knapsack for the first time last weekend, loved it! The track is varied and there's quality lines all over the place. The only gripe I have is that we spent most of the time there lost. Is it possible to have some signage put up? I know it's a bit forward of me...
  6. R

Monday ride

Might be a bit late, but I'm up for either. What time you thinking?
  7. R

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

Maybe not Lava flow, it's always goopy for a while after rain. The top sections dry pretty quickly, they're a sandy base. I'm definitely hoping to get there straight after work, around 4.30 if anyone wants a quick session before the sun goes down.
  8. R

Northern beaches ride tomorrow 7th

I'm usually available Fridays, living up near Hornsby. Will definitely want to ride next week, the new bike is arriving.
  9. R

Woodford - Glenbrook (The Oaks)

Sure you would, if you weren't prepared for it. Personally I just stick it in the granny gear and pedal through it. Had there been any rain? A mate and I did it while the crew was still on it, and the surface was a few cm of dust. Slippery, skatey shit.
  10. R

Woodford - Glenbrook (The Oaks)

Just ride through the creek. It usually only come up to your axles :p
  11. R

NSW Sold

I'd be all over this if it was large...
  12. R

How do you reconcile ?

I commute a few times a week from Gordon to Artarmon straight down the Pacific Highway at 8am or so (and then back the other way at 5ish). 3 lanes of busy traffic, haven't had a problem yet (touch wood). I personally won't ride on any road with a speed limit above 60, but am usually fine with...
  13. R

Northern beaches social rides

Dam on Friday? i have nothing else planned
  14. R

Drilling a BB drain hole

I'd think it should be fine. The suspension isn't attached to the BB, so it's a low stress area anyway. Drilling doesn't compromise strength in Alu unless it's done badly. I'd use somewhere around a 3-4mm bit, make sure it's nice and sharp and deburr afterwards.
  15. R

12 Hours in the Piney 28th March, come ride some amazing singletrack.

Haha, I was the guy on the Green/Black merida following you on the first lap through big dogs den when you said something like "I can't overtake, I'm out of gears" to the woman in front of us. Didn't realise it was a SS until then.