Recent content by Robb

1. R

Triple A rating - What is it good for ... Huh

This was shown when S&P cut the US rating - 'In fact, Treasuries have rallied this week, driving the yield on the benchmark 10-year note to 2.34 percent, its lowest level in about 10 months.'...
  2. R

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/status/917535053185536000?s=08
  3. R

CO2 Cartridge inflators - worth trying?

Airlines aren't a fan. Always getting asked when I travel with my bike if I've got them in the bag.
  4. R

Post your Roadie

While we're posting our focii(focuses?) Picked up an ultegra Paralane, on the third ride the front mech came off while JRA... Thankfully the frame was replaced and I go the factory paint scheme, I was after a black(ish) bike so it worked out in the end. The shop did setup the fenders...
  5. R

That gay marriage thing........

An angry rant from David Mitchell... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw
  6. R

Parking @ Syd airport

I live in St peters and have gotten a taxi to the airport in the morning with my bike a few times. Taxi has been $20-25, so parking in Mascot or the inner west and getting a taxi should be easy. I've generally booked one so I can get a wagon to throw the bike in. Should be plenty of taxi's...
  7. R

NSW [SOLD] 2009 Intense Tracer 2 - snapped on the rear swing arm. Manitou Evolver shock

Provisionally sold. And I thought 26" wheels were dead!
  8. R

NSW [SOLD] 2009 Intense Tracer 2 - snapped on the rear swing arm. Manitou Evolver shock

Forgot - 26" wheels obviously, and I believe the frame is a large.
  9. R

Item: 2009 Intense Tracer 2 Location: Innerwest, Sydney Item Condition: Snapped swing arm. Reason for selling: No longer want it lying around Price and price conditions: 2 x 6 pack of IPA Extra Info: Snapped JRA - I think there were a few of them that had this happen. Might make a...
  10. R

Queenstown and Christchurch in May advice please

Thanks for your help guys. I think I'll give Christchurch a miss and do Rotorua and Queenstown - do a day trip out to Wanaka. A rough plan is to fly to Aukland, drive to Rotorua, spend 5 days there, drive back to Auckland and fly to Queenstown for 5 days. Will probably also get a car in...
  11. R

Queenstown and Christchurch in May advice please

Timely thread. Finishing up my job this week and will have 3 weeks before the new gig starts. I'm still got some uni coursework though, so can't spend the whole time riding bikes... So was thinking of a quick trip to NZ, somewhere between 6-10 days. Leaving next week! Anyone got some tips...
  12. R

Formula One world championship

I've been using Acestream for the last year and a bit. Great quality, can normally find the stream hash on reddit
  13. R

Claiming GST back on purchase of a Bike when leaving Oz

I claimed a DSLR for around 1800 on the GST tourist refund. Declared it on the way back in, and the guy checking the form said 'oh, that's fully depreciated now isn't, fully used right?' and crossed it out on the declaration form, I guess he couldn't be bothered processing it. Also had them...
  14. R

Tdf 2016

I just watch for trolldj
  15. R

27.5 , 29 or just stick with 26

Fat bike or a 'plus' fattie bike like the new Stumpjumpers?