Recent content by robwa

1. robwa

Ragley Blue Pig

sweet bike. really wanted to get the alloy version but they are all gone now. The black looks better than what I thought it would.
  2. robwa

XC A little old bike revived with a bit of FUEL

Nice one mate... I built one up a year ago and really liked it. I switched to something with a bit more travel but it was a good transition from a hardtail race bike into dual suspension bikes then to a 5" rig. Enjoy.
  3. robwa

Brand new Cycling show on Foxtel - Power to the Pedal

Very good to see more bike shows on TV. Keep us updated on when it airs and times.
  4. robwa

wheel set (XC) help please

Take the wheels and save up for a second hand pair or a custom build from CRC, Recently bought a set of dt swiss 4.2d (white) on Hope pro 2 with revolution spokes for $400 shipped and they weigh 1620g. Im 80kg and find them fine so far.
  5. robwa

help with airlines?

Another thing to check is what the baggage allowance is for each airline. Brother just took his bike to NZ and flew Qantas over which was a limit of 23Kg and had to pay 7kg worth of excess baggage ($10/kg). On the way home he flew Virgin and their alowance was 28Kg. Researching will save you...
  6. robwa

Front tyre kicking up heaps of stones & crap

I find that for the first few rides of putting on new Maxxis Monorials they are really bad but after a couple of hours it stops.
  7. robwa

Post Your XC Machine

Trance X2 2009 Pretty much stock except for; Wheels: Hope Pro2, Revolution Spokes, Dt Swiss 4.2d limited ed. Grips: Peaty Lockon Really loving the bike, good all round trail/xc bike. The other bike is my brothers new 575 2008
  8. robwa

A few questions about xc/trail riding bikes

Mate, If you are coming from downhill background i would go trance x3 as it will let you do some small jumps, otherwise you should consider a reign but not reign. I have a trance x2 and love it, just preference i suppose but if you are jumping stay away from anthem, not right geometry...
  9. robwa

Hope Pro 2 conversion kit

Is there anyone that knows of a LBS in Bris that might sell these kits ? Tried contacting Jesse but waiting for a response. I need a 15mm conversion piece for my Fox 120RL
  10. robwa

Sunday, Amp, Giant.. w/action shots

Nice bikes buuddy. Good to see people still riding at Nurses havent been up there in years.
  11. robwa

Riding with cancer

My mum had breast cancer about 10 years ago and was bed ridden usually after ceemo threatments. You lose a lot of energy and muscle because you dont have much energy. Also it depends whether you will have any lymph nodes removed and where it is. As others have suggested consult your...
  12. robwa

XC Wheels

The TWE get a really good wrap and are 'Highly Recommended'. The review said that these are some of the best bang for buck wheels on the market and easily compete with wheelsets double the price. Really good to see that Greg is producing such good wheels and for AMB/MBA (not sure which one)...
  13. robwa

XC Wheels

TWE XC wheels - 15mm ?? Does anyone know if Greg does wheel buils with 15mm hubs ? was thinking of getting the xc wheelset but only if they will fit 15mm t/a.
  14. robwa

XC Wheels

Mate this is the wheelset im looking at getting, just waiting for other hubs colours rather than black. I reckon it would suit you as well. Im 80kg and predominantly am riding trails. Selected Items Hope Pro 2 Disc Front 15mm 32h Black 0.00 AUD DT Swiss XR 4.2d Limited Edition Rim...
  15. robwa

quick question

Mate what weight did your wheels come in at ? just wondering cause im about to order Pro2's laced to something, cant quite decide (dt swiss 4.2, xc77, xm819) with dt swiss comp spokes.