Recent content by rockymountain_ltd

1. rockymountain_ltd

Otway Odyssey entries open - new course?

did the gravity as a team of 2 (under prepared!) and then the 100km OO in around the 8hr mark earlier this year. I'm doing the gravity again for 2013 as well as the 100km OO. Plenty of time between both, I even threw in a 100km road ride at Ballarat on the w'end inbetween and still was OK . The...
  2. rockymountain_ltd

Castlemaine Rocky Riders 6 Hour, Sunday 19 August

"The trails All new trails for this year! Details coming soon" only 2 weeks out - wondering how far away that info might be? ........
  3. rockymountain_ltd

Castlemaine Rocky Riders 6 Hour, Sunday 19 August

is there any track details or garmin data out and about yet? cheers
  4. rockymountain_ltd

The Track Thread

went and watched the local club madison a couple of months ago and had a great time - more exciting and fun then people give credit IMO!. Since then I have ventured up to the velodrome a couple of times with mates from work just on our roadies and had a ball - the level of fitness required to...
  5. rockymountain_ltd

VIC Six Hours In The Saddle - Beechworth

thanks for the info - saw this video - is that sort of what to expect? Duelly might have to get a run instead of the hardtail after watching that! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqa7GPG246c
  6. rockymountain_ltd

thanks thanks for that - looks fairly tight or is it more flowing then it looks? weather looks like rain :concern:
  7. rockymountain_ltd

Wondering if anyone has any garmin ride data for the track up there? 1st time riding up there and after some info..... cheers
  8. rockymountain_ltd

VIC Wombat 100 / Woodend / 22nd April 2012

I left my BBB clear lens glasses on the ground at the 1st checkpoint which Russ was manning - by the time I worked out they weren't on my face I was through the next section of pines and I wasn't going backwards! :nonchalance: Don't expect them to turn up and am far from concerned but if by...
  9. rockymountain_ltd

VIC Wombat 100 / Woodend / 22nd April 2012

Out of towner doing the 100km for the first time and Trying to work out what tyres to use - I have race kings or maxxis beavers-pretty much either end of the spectrum. How much rain should I expect to see? Do I need mud tyres? Will the track turn to toothpaste after a couple hundred riders go...
  10. rockymountain_ltd

2012 Six Hours In The Saddle - Entries now open

can't decide? never ridden there before but am entered in the solo - hardtail 29er or duelly 26er is my choices - any input as to which bike I throw a leg over would be greatly appreciated :)
  11. rockymountain_ltd

Post your 29er!

Big Nine carbon Team-D 1st 29er and loving it! FRAME - Big Nine carbon superlite BB30 FORK - DT Swiss XMM100-29 TS remote taper BRAKES - Sram XX 180, 160 CHAINWHEEL - Sram XO 38-24 BB30 DERA-F Sram XO high-direct DERA-R Sram XX FREEWHEEL Sram XX 11-36 GRIP Foam superlite...
  12. rockymountain_ltd

VIC 2012 Kona (Otway) Odyssey

1st timer tyre choice 1st Odyessy and in the 100km this year :courage:- I have the choice of either continental Race King Protection 2.1's or a set of continental Mountain King Protection 2.1's - reading other posts on tyre setups I am after some opinions for me please :) thanks all - see...
  13. rockymountain_ltd

thanks - table below is for the last 30 days from the garmin site where I dump all my data - have nothing to gauge what to expect in Feb apart from people telling me how hard it is so I am putting in the hard yards training so I can finish the 100km....can't wait! :bounce:
  14. rockymountain_ltd

Week Ending: 20/11/2011 Distance Entered: 100km Finish Time Goal (dry weather): not sure - 1st timer...:pray: Total Road Kms: 348.83 Total Road Hours: 11:50 h:m:s Total Road Elevation: 3178m No of Road Rides: 3 Total Off-Road Kms: 85 Total Off-Road Hours: 4:20 h:m:s Total Off-Road...
  15. rockymountain_ltd

Post your Roadie

1st carbon road bike a pleasing change from the $700 commuting road bike! comes in at 7.5kg with the Hed Bastognes on... enjoy......:)