Recent content by Roj

1. R

Social Rides

Can anyone tell me if there are still social rides happening on the 1st weekend of the month? Haven't been able to find postings on recent rides, and rides coming up.
  2. R

Where are all the female riders on the Central Coast, NSW??

Hi Groovejet, Will you be heading out this weekend to Glenrock? Any chance of meeting up, if the storms don't cause havoc with the tracks?
  3. R

Where to begin

Hi giant rock, I have only just started riding and was lucky enough to be shown round Glenrock (Newcastle). I had never ridden a trail before,but handled it ok.There are a multitude of tracks.Check out the glenrock trail alliance website for maps. Don't know of any areas in Maitland, but am...
  4. R

Thanks for showing me round on Sat!:) Might have in invest in some gloves though, hands were abit sore on Sun!Will have to get someone to check out the derailer, not changing gears as smooth as it should:( (Bloody sticks!!) Thanks for waiting for me too.Hopefully with some more experience I'll...
  5. R

What time are you thinking for Sat?Will you meet at the same place?
  6. R

Sorry I didn't make it,more sick kids.They are still at it today too!!:( Will keep an eye out for any posts for a ride this weekend.I'm jealous now that you got out there and I didn't!!Why is it when you are really itching to go, something always crops up? By the way, do you promise to...
  7. R

Hi, of course it's raining when I want to plan a ride! If I'm not there by 10.30 don't wait. My son has thrown a spanner in the works too by being sick. Hopefully he will be feeling better by tomorrow. Hope it works out.Will be good to meet you!:)
  8. R

CORC Women's Clinic - Oct 08

Any chance of something like this happening Sydney/Newcastle way?
  9. R

Am still trying to get out and about before joining up for a ride with you guys! Between the weather and sick kids it's been difficult! Am trying to get to glenrock tomorrow 2/8 weather permitting if you are interested. Where's the best place to meet, approx 9am?
  10. R

Sorry to hear that. I will have been out and about for longer by then! I'll keep logging on here for the meantime and hopefully we can get out there soon. What's your fav tracks that aren't too technical around here?
  11. R

I'm new to riding and am in Newy too
  12. R

New? Feel free to say g'day here.

New Female member Hi I'm very new to riding.Have not ridden before except mucking around as a kid on a bmx! Decided to give mtb a go after trying almost every sport. I love to be fit and active. Have been lucky enough to borrow a friends spare bike for a while to see if I like riding. Don't...
  13. R

Introducing the Girls

New to newbie central Hi there, I'm sue Age 34 Newcastle Area Have decided to give mtb a go after trying almost every sport avail. Have never ridden before, except mucking around as a kid on a bmx. Don't know what kind of riding I want to do, but expect I will find a preferred type. Have...
  14. R

I'm new and have come to say hi! Wondering if there are any women who would be free and interested in riding around the Newcastle area on a Wednesday? (A day I have free from children)