Recent content by RoscoeP

1. RoscoeP

STOLEN Vic 3121 Richmond - 2016 Rocky Mountain Vertex 990 RSL 29er Carbon Hardtail

Thanks for the support guys - I've listed on Bike Vault and have a few alerts now set up on Gumtree etc. Pricks.
  2. RoscoeP

STOLEN Vic 3121 Richmond - 2016 Rocky Mountain Vertex 990 RSL 29er Carbon Hardtail

Some drug addled low life stole my 2016 Rocky Mountain Vertex 990 RSL from my shed this morning - I was barely out of the house for 1 hour and came back to find the side gate broken into and the bike gone - broad daylight between 8:30 and 9:30 am. I hope the fucker O/D's on the proceeds -...
  3. RoscoeP

Stop digging in studley park!

I went up to the PT last week and was greeted with the image posted above. Honestly this sucks and is a massive loss as I really enjoyed having a convenient spot in the inner city to work on the skills. The kids enjoyed it too. I only found this thread when trying to find out "what went wrong"...
  4. RoscoeP

Blores Hill tyre choice

Thanks for the feedback - sounds like my tyres should be right. A very common affliction, that one.
  5. RoscoeP

Blores Hill tyre choice

hey all, I'm heading to Blores Hill in Gippsland this weekend for the VES series and wondered about tyre choice for the course? I've never ridden it but from what i have read and seen the course stays quite dry (for the middle of winter)? Currently running Ikon front and Saguaro rear and...
  6. RoscoeP

VIC Ves 2015

Great day out on Saturday and kudos also to Tobias - he's in pretty good form at the moment. Thanks to organizers for a great event - the trails were perfect, especially in the context of the rain in the past week. I did get thrown by the climb UP through the rock garden when I hit it the...
  7. RoscoeP

VIC Ves 2015

Planning to ride next weekend, which will be my first time to race at Lysty. Looking forward to being able to go flat out on trails I know well without having to worry about oncoming traffic. What have been the issues with previous events there, as you imply?
  8. RoscoeP

2015 Forrest 6 & 3hr - Saturday 2nd May

Is it just me, but do the course maps for the solo and team events not make sense: http://www.forrest6hour.com.au/the-course-map The way I read it is that the solo and teams competitors head through the berms on Marriners in opposite directions? Could make for some interesting riding...
  9. RoscoeP

VIC Wombat 100 : Woodend VIC (12 April 2015) - Entries Now Open

Them's some good shots in there.
  10. RoscoeP

VIC Wombat 100 : Woodend VIC (12 April 2015) - Entries Now Open

Congrats to all those who raced today - bummed to have not made it there as it sounds like the conditions were perfect. A far cry from last year! Oh well... family life gets in the way sometimes.
  11. RoscoeP

VIC Odyssey - Forrest

Thanks to everyone for their race write ups - I too love hearing perspectives from people all through the field and being subject to all sorts of fortune and misfortune. You really cannot predict what is going to happen in races like this but reading these stories is a great way to find out...
  12. RoscoeP

VIC Odyssey - Forrest

Well done to all finishers and I think we were lucky to have the perfect race conditions - I like to be able to wear long sleeves to stave off the slashing foliage. I rode the 100 km and managed to meet all pre-race goals of 1. Not crashing (at least I mean badly) 2. No mechanicals and 3...
  13. RoscoeP

VIC Odyssey - Forrest

I agree. It looks like just a little rain today but the trails drain really well and I am expecting perfect conditions for the weekend - just the right amount of tackiness. Should be good for my current tyre set up of Ikon (F) and Saguaro (R). See ya'll up there, Sheriff
  14. RoscoeP

VIC Odyssey - Forrest

I agree - that seems really low... is it the change in date? Anyway, I'll be there for a fourth time with the primary goals of: 1: No mechanicals 2: No accidents If I can avoid the above, then the final goal is to finish with nothing left in the tank... which is usually not a problem...
  15. RoscoeP

VIC 2013 Forrest 6hr - Saturday 4th May

Congrats on the effort Steve, and thank for the heads up on the late entries. I piked on the solo, simply as I had not really put in any long rides since the Otway and wanted to just have a bit of fun without leaving my guts on the trails. That said, I think I left a lung out there...