Recent content by Rossm

1. Rossm

life expectancy of hydration system bladders

Resurrecting this old thread - I'm now on my 4th hydro bladder in 3 years :- boo hissss! They have all failed at the hose fitting on the bag - it seems to deteriorate & split. 3 have been manufactured by HydroPak but branded by others. The last (and most miserable) was a CamelBack that I...
  2. Rossm

The great Ozzy Rip-off again??

Thanks for the kind offer - sorted out as a one of my mates found a spare. As was said earlier - maintain the rage (for what little good it will do). If the poms & seppos can sell these for 3-4 bucks there is no reason why we should get screwed here. And its probably no cheaper to ship from...
  3. Rossm

Now that's a great idea for a lotta stuff!! SUGRU - just looked it up - for the rest check it out:
  4. Rossm

Eagle XO1 - Keep old chain on??

Huh - that's interesting. So you guys reckon that the chain lube is not enough to protect the chain? Issue with the out of the box grease is its SOOO tacky, the sand round here gets stuck onto it & just grinds away. Also chain as it came with factory grease was very stiff. I wash my chain...
  5. Rossm

I'm after a single 34mm (green) one. I know, I know, it seems penny pinching - the difference is only a beer & a bit, but its just been one of those times when everything I look at is so much more expensive here than in the northern hemisphere. :mad:
  6. Rossm

Just looking at buying some Fox volume reduction tokens for my forks. Best price in the great land of Oz - $AU20 each Average price in US/UK - about $AU4 each :eek::eek::eek: Don't know why we always seem to get the wrong end of the dunny brush with manufacturers here. Its not just bike stuff...
  7. Rossm

OK - quick update. I checked for stiff links - all OK. I washed the chain again in de-greaser (did this originally), dried it & re-lubed it I carefully redid all the the shifter tuning. Only real change was that I set the lower limit screw to allow the chain to move just a hair more to the...
  8. Rossm

Sram brakes locking, is there a fix?

If you go to the LBS, push them to have the SRAM distributor fix this under warranty. There is NO statute of limitation for warranty in Australian consumer law (where the fault is an original defect in manufacture or design). I had same issue recently on 2yr old brakes - it was fixed at no cost...
  9. Rossm

Thanks - I'll check out the YBN chains as well. For SRAM chains - 5 XO1 chains or 4 XX1 chains cost the same as an XO1 cassette. I see the YBN are $25 cheaper than XO1 chains, so that might help a bit, assuming they last as long as the SRAM chains! I might also try a GX cassette when the time...
  10. Rossm

I ride about 20km on the road to get from home to the trails & back - so its used reasonably often. None of the otehr cogs seem to have this issue - I will have to re-check the tune of the drive train more carefully. Was all riding fine on the old chain, and when I changed the chain it all...
  11. Rossm

Thanks - I'll check for any lips on the small cog!
  12. Rossm

Sadly can't replace these cogs individually on an Eagle - its all machined from one piece of metal!!
  13. Rossm

Thanks for that advice. How many Ks's do you get with the 3 chains doing that? Do you find a brand new chain still works well on the cassette after you have worn through the original 3 chains?
  14. Rossm

No such thing as a dumb question!! Thanks for the advice. I have not checked for that, so will put the bike up on the stand & have a close look. It did cross my mind while riding that I may have put on the quicklink upside down, but nope - on checking on the trail - it was correctly installed...
  15. Rossm

I replaced the chain on my Eagle 12 speed on the weekend, as the chain checker showed it had worn. Lining up the old & new chain showed about 1/2 cm growth - so it was definitely worn - about 1%. Looking at the SRAM manual I should have replaced it at 0.75. The sand around here is brutal on...