Recent content by rowdyflat

1. rowdyflat

The bike industry crisis

Yep silliness wide tyres ,180 rotors , dropper,front suspension ---- it could be a mtbike but has narrow bars. Gravel is the new growth industry.
  2. rowdyflat

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Psylo 20 years was fairly revolutionary at its time with adjustable travel and thru axle. Its only with hindsight that you can criticise it iMO , sure compared to today it is noodly. i mean look at frames ,brakes ,suspension from 20 years ago.
  3. rowdyflat

Yack tracks - what's your recommendation

The track down to Beechworth from the crossover is really nice, fast , bermed ,no sharp corners. If you are strong go into Beechworth eat and come back. If you want company I can come with you provided I am allowed to ride an ebike ?
  4. rowdyflat

Thinking of giving a gravel bike a crack

We mainly ride gravel 2 days a week because our older friends cant stay on singletrack anymore. 8 of us went away for 3 days , 62 yo to nearly 80 yo to the King River Valley NE Vic. There are 100s of roads there , it is a very wide valley ,no traffic and quiet. Recommended : there is a booklet...
  5. rowdyflat

eBike with best reliability and repairable.

Thats depressing so they are all planned obsolescence carnts? You obviously understand this stuff are any of them less worse?
  6. rowdyflat

Little Things You Hate

With postage I realise its all too much and am thankful it actually arrives. CBF looking at tracking. Pushys are hit and miss , order 2 things together to reduce waste ,1 arrives quickly another comes weeks later then they want to be highly rated on Trust Pilot.
  7. rowdyflat

How many bikes is too many ?

Its a trap , setting a dangerous precedent ,a gentleman never asks. Sheesh I never realised what danger i was unleashing !
  8. rowdyflat

Yeah we thought that frame was so futuristic back in 2002. Did some pretty amazing things on that Enduro, for years we had a big gap jump built of treated pine. over gold mine diggings. Then those farkers from the Vic Dept of Name Changes decided to have a cool burn of the area and it burnt...
  9. rowdyflat

I have been building my own bikes for about 20 years , my last off the shelf bike was a 2003 Specialized Enduro that moved to Lismore [ for the better weather ] to live with safreek. I have endless shed space but decided 10 is enough to ride. my wife has about 6 bikes. So I have just given away...
  10. rowdyflat

9 speed chain-ring and 10 speed...?

Yes IMO it makes no difference. i have 8/9 speed on 11 chain .
  11. rowdyflat

Bought a comfort saddle, best thing ever.

i think it is mainly having bottom muscles that are used to cycling and the width of the ischial tuberosities v saddle ie sit bones . I ride at least 5 days a week and find 95% of saddles comfortable.
  12. rowdyflat

The last movie you've last watched last

Hot but definitely annoying
  13. rowdyflat

The last movie you've last watched last

Yeah read the book "The 3 Body Problem "a while ago. Netflix version visually fairly impressive not true to book but thats OK and some technical things arent explained that well.
  14. rowdyflat

Sold Sold.

yep i will take them please Go to PM