Recent content by rushking

1. rushking

I'm converted... only problem is what racing HT to get

If you're after a racing HT have you investigated the Gary Fisher range, the Superfly in particular? I believe Gary Fisher bikes are designed & specced for racing.
  2. rushking

latest gear news..

OK now that's good: It would be a shame to see these legends in steel disappear. I also heard the El Mariachi was having a few XXL frames put into production in 2010, usally they are special order only.
  3. rushking

latest gear news..

It's disappointing that Salsa have abandoned the Cromo El-Mariachi if their new website’s product range is correct. They’ve just pull out of a small niche to enter the smaller TI niche.
  4. rushking

Who's the gun 29er wheel builder in Sydney Hunter area??

32 spokes, and their rim was heavier than Stan's heaviest: I'm not too worried about optimising for speed
  5. rushking

Who's the gun 29er wheel builder in Sydney Hunter area??

TWE have built me the most awesome wheels I have ever ridden on, and they're 29ers too! These wheels are not perturbed by my 140 kgs, and are still tight and true after many months of use. I got them couriered up to QLD.
  6. rushking

Help me build a 29er!

Cell bikes have a $1k 29er Frame:Alloy Frame, Very Rigid Replaceable Dropout. Fork:Cr-moly fork. Stem/Handle Bar: CELL Alloy Head Set: Integrated Headset Gear Set: Shimano 27 Speed MTB Groupset. Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT Shifters & lever...
  7. rushking

The 29er thread.

Yes any tips on concealing both MTB purchases & injuries from SWMBO would be greatly appreciated
  8. rushking

The 29er thread.

$600 29 Reba Team Torpedo 7 has Rock Shox Reba Team for $600 The special looks like it's for 26 only but on the drop for selection there's an option for a 29er (120mm thru-axel)
  9. rushking

The 29er thread.

Black Sheep Imports quoted me $1450 in September 09 & I thought they were about the only supplier in Oz. I settled for importing a Voodoo Dambala for $350 AUD (about what they are worth) and spending the change on a fully sick wheelset & nice forks. Amazing the difference good wheels make...
  10. rushking

The 29er thread.

I've been running a low clamp, I'm thinking of trying the Shimano XT's 28.6 converter shim in the 34.9 SRAM. To save on the expense of buying then trying: I would like to hear from other Damabala owners if they use a top or bottom clamp because SRAM have an X7 top clamp
  11. rushking

The 29er thread.

Front derailleur on Dambala I've nearly completed the Dambala build & have had some dramas with the Shimano XT M770 Top Swing Multi Clamp Front Derailleur: cage length is too long for the Dambala's chain stays it either touches or sits 1mm above on the small chain ring. I'm running X7 shifters...
  12. rushking

The 29er thread.

Don't worry too much: from speaking to Haro dealers I've learn't they won't be importing the Mary XC to Australia in 2010
  13. rushking

Voodoo built-in tension bolts

Voodoo provided me with details of the built-in tension bolts that I would like to post here for replacement information purposes: as the bolts are common. Socket head metric bolt- Size is 5MM X 0.8P X 30MM. Socket is for 4mm hex wrench. Threads the entire length. Stainless is...
  14. rushking

The 29er thread.

I'm undecided what to do with my Dambala, there's that alarmist post I found, and mcdoned is the only Dambala owner on this forum that has identified a problem. I may continue my build on the Dambala and ride it knowing that it's a frame that I may not ride for ever, then hand down to my...
  15. rushking

GT Peace 9r - 2010

GT never took the time to respond to me. Would you import a complete bike into Australia? Frames are pretty cheap to import from the US at the moment