Recent content by saMfish

1. saMfish

The Photo Snob Thread

Congrats, Callan! On the topic of new jobs, I just accepted the position of aerial photographer and videographer for coptercam :D :D Multi-rotors are awesome, can carry a 5d + L lens for ~9 minutes of flight time before needing new batteries (we have ~20 batteries, the copter uses 2 at a time)...
  2. saMfish

The Photo Snob Thread

It's high fashion. Get used to it ;)
  3. saMfish

The Photo Snob Thread

Haven't had much time to catch up in here lately because of uni (as per usual..), but I wanted to post this :) There's a few more at http://samthurtle.tumblr.com/ if anybody is interested!
  4. saMfish

The Photo Snob Thread

Craig, Digital Works in Melbourne is the place to go. I can't find the post, but Shane (wombat) had a few of his shots printed on metallic paper from there and they came out so nicely. Their online printing page is here. :)
  5. saMfish

The Photo Snob Thread

Great feel in that last shot Craig. Only thing I dislike is how she looks like she has a bit of a bung eye. Click through for setup :)
  6. saMfish

The Photo Snob Thread

+1 for being excited to see more photos from you, Ango. :D Same old location, but.. ...shenanigans! :D
  7. saMfish

The Photo Snob Thread

I guess I'll start the new page with photo instead of flame. Oh, and James, not quite sure how that photo didn't make the cut. I love the empty sky. Did you have another/others that made it in?
  8. saMfish

The Photo Snob Thread

Thanks man, yeah you can do it in photoshop (filter > lens correction). It uses the lens profile and how close the subject is to work out how much it's distorted, then corrects it. You can also correct vignetting (useful on full frame, though I often like the natural vignette) as well as...
  9. saMfish

The Photo Snob Thread

Thanks, guys! Really appreciate it coming from you three in particular, aha. Nope, it wasn't shot on a balcony ;)
  10. saMfish

The Photo Snob Thread

Pretty damn happy with this. My uni assignment was to pick and pastiche a photographer from a list of photographers; I picked Bruno Dayan (click fashion 6). The only thing I can see that I have to fix is the lens distortion, as the 10-22 is pretty wacky at 10mm. Comments and criticism would be...
  11. saMfish

The Photo Snob Thread

I've got a feeling this is pretty same old same old, but I like it :). Still haven't got any ND filters and thus can't make things more interesting by shooting during the day. :(
  12. saMfish

The Photo Snob Thread

Yep, I've got this kit. Would recommend if you're likely to stick with it for a while (purely because $800 isn't a sum of money you want to spend then want to upgrade a few months later). The kit's got good build quality and the strobes pack a fair amount of punch for only being 400w. Not too...
  13. saMfish

The Photo Snob Thread

Medium format rules.
  14. saMfish

The Photo Snob Thread

Both prints were done at Colleagues in Perth, the left one is a wax toner print ($20) and the right one is just through their plan printer ($6). Stoked with both!
  15. saMfish

The Photo Snob Thread

Actually really like that bottom one, well done man :) Oh, yeah. Forgot to post this.. instagram just to piss you all off