Recent content by sammydog

1. S

Mountaincycle San Andreas 2.0

Ahhh, the Battery, that is a bike I regret selling. I didn't really need to, and in hindsight I should have hung onto it. There is a whole three on it here http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?226332-Mountaincycle-Battery-Now-Built
  2. S

Mountaincycle San Andreas 2.0

I love it it. I sway between the San An 2.0 and Zen 2 as to which is my favourite, but the bigger San An wins out most of the time. I'm still a fan of 26" wheels, but I guess the wheel size would put some off. I can't fault the suspension and to date its been pretty much maintenance and...
  3. S

Advocacy Alert Glenrock Trail Alliance - Build Days and News

Thanks. How had the landings packed in? We didn't have much water on the day and it was super dry, dusty and loose. The key now is to not let them wear down as much as they had.
  4. S

A few photos from yesterdays build day on Six Shooter. We had a pretty good turn out yesterday of about 12 volunteers with some of the local dirt jumpers and kids stopping by to give a hand over the day as well. The dirt is still really dry so we won't have a great result till it rains...
  5. S

Home Brew

I thought he was back home again for some reason. He has sat in on a few of my brew sessions.
  6. S

Home Brew

Matty, give me a call tomorrow. You can get grain delivered in Newcastle for about $5.50.
  7. S

Doesn't show the crap sticking up, but this gives an idea of that the tip trail was when it was built. Unfortunately its been left to wear down too far.
  8. S

The flat snaky trail is in desperate need of dirt to rebuild the berms on each corner. They were each quiet sizeable berms that have worm or settled down to be not much at all. That whole tip area is available to be developed into trails and originally we spoke of a skills park. One issue we...
  9. S

NPWS had always slated the quarry area next to the powerlines for something like that. I have my reservations given the soil type and horrible drainage. For a significant chunk of the time it would just be a wet boggy clay. there had been talk of trying something on the grassy hill to the...
  10. S

I'm not going to force or plead with anyone to get involved, but the person who will be driving these trails is pretty motivated and rides them. Yes, the next maintenance/build day is maintenance only. But planning has begun for revamping that whole area, is there a finished plan.......nope...
  11. S

We are working towards more than one (how many is unknown) lines in that area, as well as fixing the quarry below. what we want is various lines of different ability levels so people can progress. Thats not there at the moment.
  12. S

As this build day was planned to create a few A/B/C lines elsewhere, as well and moving on to the next part of Kenny's, but had to be changed at the last minute due to an Adventure Race in the Park, it will be confined to general maintenance of the existing jumps and bringing in materials for...
  13. S

The build day on the 14th will be on the Six Shooter trail working on the DJ's. We will meet there at 9.30, or just look for us on the trail if you turn up later. We hope to have a lot of the material moving and machine work done by the NPWS guys during the week and then we will be doing...
  14. S

Looks like being a build day on the 14th of Feb, will confirm shortly.
  15. S

Glenrock All Mountain / Downhill

Thats cool. Input along the way will be just as good. I don't know that the existing trails will be retained. We have managed to hold off on their closure until a workable alternate to them is found. We have the NPWS committed to a riders forum (facilitated by a professional trail builder)...