Recent content by santacruznomad

1. santacruznomad

Illinbah Downhill Social Ride Day - 27 January 2013 - CANCELLED DUE TO RAIN

Registering Is online registration required for this ride day?
  2. santacruznomad

Zigs Bikes

I recon you have a good set up there, its exactly what I want: an all mountain hardtail, a fixie and a bmx.
  3. santacruznomad

26player be hatin'

Those forks look sweet as and the green ano bits are mad. Good to see a something other than a dartmoor cody being built. What are the main differences between this and the cody?
  4. santacruznomad

fenix160 Ski Bike

Ski bike Thats so cool, it looks like it would be so much fun. I was just wondering how the mountain bike suspension goes in the snow, does the moisture/ temperature effect it much? The hardtail sounds cool, if this the downhill bike equivalent, the the hardtail would be your bmx for the...
  5. santacruznomad

AM bar width

Bars I run 760's on my DH and my AM and I definitely prefer the extra width. I recently rode my mates bike with 680's and they felt pretty sketchy. In regards to clipping trees, I find that you get used to your bars and how close you can go to trees, and stop clipping them even if you did at...
  6. santacruznomad

Single speed options

Thanks, 32:18 sounds like it would work fairly well. I think I will buy the tensioner from my lbs, because then they can put it on for me. Cheers.
  7. santacruznomad

Single speed options

I recently broke my ankle, so I decided I would rebuild my AM ht while I couldn't ride. Currently the shifting is pretty stuffed and, looking at it, I realised it would cost a fair bit to fix. I don't want to spend a load, so I thought that single speed might be a good option. Being that I'm...
  8. santacruznomad

New Pedals

pedals I've got jetblacks on my hardtail and their sweet, light, thin and grippy, but I haven't bashed them on to many rocks, so not sure about strength or bending. Haven't ridden them, but I'm keen on a set of deity decoy lt's. Look trick and light.
  9. santacruznomad

Bucket List

I can definitely see the appeal of climbing everest, but these are the things i want to do: Sky dive, and possibly base jump, just for the adrenaline rush and free fall. I want to back flip my bike, think it would feel sick. Travel heaps Dirt bike in Africa or Asia and ride my bike heaps! :)
  10. santacruznomad

Deity Frames 2011

They look mad! Whats the difference between the two different frames? and the guy holding the bike has nice deity tatt :P
  11. santacruznomad

4X Not your average STP

:) That looks sweet, the wheels look awesome. Nice stickers on your helmet too.
  12. santacruznomad

DH 2011 Lapierre Team DH - now 17kg

:o That is sick!! and very shiny.
  13. santacruznomad

Atomic bomb!

I've had this bike for about a year now, after my norco 6 got totalled on the drive to thredbo. Stopped riding for a while due to starting a new school, but keen to get back into it :) this is pretty much as i got it except for the sram shifting, my saint derrailleur just fell off when i went...
  14. santacruznomad

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

mmm coffee :) Usually drink moccona instant, but double shot cappacino with 1 sugar is good. or just black coffee if i'm eating something sweet
  15. santacruznomad

Why there is no reason why someone should not own a neckbrace:

I think that it can't hurt to wear one, and that people will choose to ride in what is comfortable/ fashionable. If you want, wear body armour, and don't worry about people who choose not to. And neckbrace and no armour is better than no armour at all