Recent content by schacksta

1. S

WSMTB Club - Round 4 - Venue change to Blue Gum Lodge

Will find out and get back to you, or I'll get Erica to reply in here. cheers, Schacksta Mr Vice. www.wsmtb.com
  2. S

Digital SLR Advice- Nikon D90. Now Looking for Lens Advice

Mate I was also going to go +1 on the D90 - I have one. I have also used the D2H, D3 and D3X for work for a few years. When it came time to buy my own, the D90 represented incredible value for money when compared to what the 'big boys' provide. A website worth checking out to get some good...
  3. S

The Oaks - Navigation

For a first timer - with his young feller - I wouldn't. But otherwise, with a bit of experience under their belts - absolutely :cool: cheers, Schacksta www.wsmtb.com
  4. S

Mt Annan Botanical Gardens track looks like its underway

Totally agree - looking fwd to seeing some clubbies and some enduros being run out there. Barnez = Genius. cheers, schacksta www.wsmtb.com
  5. S

The New Dad thread

Jesper Fynn Jesper Fynn - our first - born at 6 months on 5th January, 2010. 2 weeks on life support and 7 weeks in intensive care - home and doing great now tho'. Another future WSMTB Prez? cheers, Schacksta www.wsmtb.com
  6. S

Second Bike for 24 Hours

Ahhhh Dreggsy you broke the rules! No other suggestions remember? Hmmmm, Surly Karate Monkey springs to mind tho... ;) schacksta!
  7. S

Yellowmundie

even for trackwork days?
  8. S

Simpson Desert Bike Challenge thread.

agreed. schackattack. ...now the proud owner of a karate monkey :cool:
  9. S

Yellowmundie

...and don't be surprised if one day in the not too distant future, they decide to charge us for the privilege of having one of their staff there to supervise... you read it here first. schacksta www.wsmtb.com
  10. S

Yellowmundie

Done it, done it, done. schacksta www.wsmtb.com
  11. S

Read First - Conditions of Use

Hear Hear. This has been a bug-bear of mine for a long long time. Thanks heaps Scott. schacksta www.wsmtb.com
  12. S

JetBlack 12 Hours WSMTB Race - Registration now open

Folks please don't become alarmed at Martin's last post. We (WSMTB and various promoters like RTE and CF) are working through a number of issues with NPWS that relate directly to the use of Yellomundee Regional Park. While these issues may entail compromise on the part of all parties (such...
  13. S

Fairfield City Farm - XCO course

Yeop. As a club we had to move away from the Farm as they had a policy of passing on their running/maint costs to the 'next user'... we decided that fees upward of $2k for a weekend club XC round were just a wee bit out of our range... schacksta www.wsmtb.com
  14. S

Simpson Desert Bike Challenge thread.

...and long... as in your contact patch should be 'long'. I reckon this year will see the 29er revolution (no pun intended) flourish. If I could make it back there this year, that's what i'd be doing... but alas i can't - but book me in for 2011 for sure. schackattack
  15. S

Red Centre Enduro Tyre Choice

I ran Conti Speed King 2.3 for the Simpson Desert Challenge last year. Nice light non UST tyre, set up on ZTR 355s with Stans. I had no flats for the entire race, and rode the last stage down on about 10psi (no shit). When I came home and was servicing the bike, I found the inside of the...