Recent content by scud

1. scud

Cairns 2016 World Championships

I will be there rain hail or shine, road trip with a few bikes cos there is so much riding to be had! 1-2 weeks and living like a rockstar!
  2. scud

Newtons Nation 2012

Squeek!!!!
  3. scud

Freecaster/Nissan DH Series

Is it just me or does this feel very CA vs MTBA.......
  4. scud

WEstern NSW launch of NPWS mtb policy - Oct 2, Dubbo

Sounds like a fun day, I will try to be there work permitting......
  5. scud

Bunnyhopping a DH bike?

Did your old DH rig you sold have pro peddle or stable platform type suspension? The techniques to pop you bike changed a bit when the new gen shocks came in. Maybe your suspension needs a little tweaking, though hoping is not a setup priority. Having said that I cant imaging many line on a DH...
  6. scud

Freecaster pulls the plug on mountain bike telecasts

I understand the costs involved and the demand of $100k for the rights, camera operators cost $55 p/h with director around $65 p/h plus cable hands $35p/h, Camera Control Unit operators (1 per 4 cameras) $55p/h, audio engineers $70 p/h, and a techie $$$p/h, plus producers, commentators and so...
  7. scud

What are the must ride tracks around Cairns?

So WOW!!!!! That trip went way to quick, but I had a blast! Thanks to cairns MTB for an awesome race, though it was tough! I thought I was entering B grade i.e. Expert, turns out there was only Expert and Sport no Elite so I found myself foolishly in the highest category. Though I had the option...
  8. scud

Hey Jeff, thanks for the clarification on the Kuranda trail. Though I'm tempted, your right its a little to technical for this weekend.... Having said that I am contemplating a day of DH with the tour guys! I had a blast racing the DH 04-05 nationals there. It would be nice to do some more DH up...
  9. scud

Thanks so much guys!! I'll be in town from Friday till Tuesday, I'm so pumped for the Smithfield race! The reason I haven't done any XC racing for a long time is because I could only afford to do downhill so the technical trails excite me though the seat on my new bike is set little higher than...
  10. scud

Hey Farkers, just bought a new bike (GT sensor 1 silver/blue - 120mm travel) and am heading up to Cairns this weekend to see a friend that is super fresh to MTB (she just got a GT Avalanche silver/purple hardtail 120mm forks). And we are going to take an extended weekend to soak up some sweet...
  11. scud

UCI World Cup 2011 DHI 5 - Windham USA

how is that possible?!?!?!
  12. scud

UCI World Cup 2011 DHI 5 - Windham USA

Im watching on my iPhone while my computer runs idle due to the skittering issue..... :(
  13. scud

Survey finished.

Hmmmm think I almost went to a venue with quad bikes, horse riding and abseiling with camping facility in mountainous train with lots of land 30mins from Sydney a month ago..............
  14. scud

NSW The Approval process (Banging heads on Brick walls and breakin' on through)

This is brilliant news! Especially after the recent disappointment from my town.......
  15. scud

World Cup UCI Survey Results to Impact Next UCI MTB Series

I like 4X but I would love to see a middle ground of what we have and what they suggest. Such as make course rough enough that 5" on the front and 4" for the rear would be cool. I think the ability for a bike company to sell 2 different types of gravity race bikes is a good thing for them to...