Recent content by serowe

1. S

Timing systems

One thing that always seems to be forgotten when deciding on which system(s) to use is the operator. Do you need someone who knows computer/tablets etc; how much do they need to use the system before hand to get to know it; who do they call when (not if) something doesn't work as expected...
  2. S

VIC 2013 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs /,May 5th,/ June 16 /,July 14 /Aug 11th

I reckon you should have left it to gather, what's the term I am looking for? - I would say 'street cred' but a better term would be 'track mud'! Give it that honest to goodness, well used, well deserved look and feel! Congrats to all concerned and look forward to next years series...
  3. S

VIC 2013 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs /,May 5th,/ June 16 /,July 14 /Aug 11th

Names have now been applied to all my images - use the main web site entrance at http://www.mtb-images.com.au - as mentioned previously, these image galleries DO get moved around and therefore links to individual images will break at some stage - the main page, however, will always allow you to...
  4. S

Try Msg 408 for starters - and let's be honest, there is a small group of people here that like to continually pick out the bad 'things' all the time. If pointing that out is 'immature' then I guess I'm guilty as charged. But remember this as well - I have the benefit of seeing, and hearing, all...
  5. S

And then there are the so-called 'experienced' riders who insist on their right to get past as quickly as possible (and, funnily enough, the most vocal in their shouts of 'Come on - move over and let us pass - stop holding us up'.....was in the Dirt Squirts - I really couldn't believe I was...
  6. S

Why does it need 'signs'? It isn't as if you (i.e. all riders) haven't ridden these particular sections of track before and know what they are like. The one comment I constantly heard fromthose at these accident scenes were 'stop over-riding guys'. I think the word to describe it would be...
  7. S

That's funny - 'cos where I was taking photos at the top of that first climb, it seemed, yes, there was a long drawn out string of riders, but many of them were finding ways to pass others. There were also a few that were making it almost impossible for anyone to pass them - so it's give and...
  8. S

Images from part of the Dirt Squirts and XCO events are now available at http://www.mtb-images.com.au. The Time Trial and Eliminator events are currently being transferred and should be available by midnight. Please remember - do NOT link to images on the web site as the locations will...
  9. S

Bugger - and there was I thinking for my first event in 6 months I could grab a photo of someone giving Tim a hug instead of the finger :evil:
  10. S

Mud? Mud at the You Yangs? There ain't no such thing as mud at the you yangs....errrr, welll, maybe sometimes: (2008 Nationals Round - Dec 13 - XCC Open Men....)
  11. S

VIC 2013 VES Enduro Series.

Now THEY are what I would call unique MTB trophies...
  12. S

So long and thanks for all the fish...

LOL - my 'pooch-mate' went bananas when I got home. He had refused to go walking with anyone other than my wife - the neighbour who was going to walk him came up each morning, as soon as she got his lead, he apparently walked (not ran) into the bedroom, jumped onto the bed and refused to budge...
  13. S

So long and thanks for all the fish...

Firstly I want to thank those that also took the time, and trouble, to email, pm and even phone me before I went into hospital. It means a lot - thanks guys and gals. Second - obviously, I am back in the 'real world' again after 10 days incarcerated with nurses, nurses and more nurses! Sore...
  14. S

And all us photographers hear is 'Don't take a photo of us off the bike....' :noidea: So what does any half good photographer do? Easy - Machine gun the images and make sure they all get on the net! Damn - all psyched up for tomorrow and they put it off until Saturday.....
  15. S

Are they really quick or is it as you get older they only seem quicker? :heh: