Recent content by sick_em_rex

1. S

Gel or Chamois

A fabric scoop radius. It has awesome reviews so I have my fingers crossed.
  2. S

Gel or Chamois

new saddle on its way!!
  3. S

Gel or Chamois

Entity
  4. S

Gel or Chamois

I haven't had any chaffing....ever. Just sore. Maybe I need a fatter arse :p
  5. S

Gel or Chamois

I went for a mainly road ride on the weekend, stopped at the MTB track at Homebush for a few laps. All up was 26km. Once I got home my butt was so sore it's not funny. I can ride 20-50km's on trails and not have as sore a bum as I do right now. I guess because on trails I am up and off the seat...
  6. S

Oval chain rings

Not too sure as I don't know what that means. I have Shimano XT components if that helps. My bike is a Polygon T7.
  7. S

Oval chain rings

thanks for all the replies guys, looks like I will have to give 1 a go!
  8. S

Oval chain rings

where is the jury sitting on oval chain rings? Is it a placebo feeling that they give you more power when pedaling and in particular climbing or is there real science behind them? If buying one do you stick with the same tooth qty or do you go higher or lower?
  9. S

Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

I had to jam my brakes on on Saturday to not hit a guy riding 'up' skyline. Got him on GoPro too....
  10. S

a whinge about LBS

So when I first started out mountain biking I bought some Vans to ride in. They are what I had ridden in as a kid and teenager when doing BMX and they were as good as anything I knew. It has become evident to me after getting pretty soaked last weekend when riding how heavy they are and probably...
  11. S

Had a ball down there on Saturday. Light drizzle but nothing to worry about. My mate and I did the above suggestion 3 times and loved it. I bailed for laps 2 and 3 and just rode up the fire trail as I'm not as fit as my mate but in retrospect I think that was even harder. Did a fair amount of...
  12. S

So I'm heading to Stromlo for the first time this Sat. I gather the surfaces will be far more manicured than what is on offer up here in Sydney. As I have never been there before are there any trails that people recommend me cutting my teeth on first? Riding a trail bike also NOT a DH...
  13. S

Newbie with some questions

well as is typical, it was easier for me just to buy a new bike with a dropper installed as standard rather than worry about getting one fitted. Sold my Merida to my son and grabbed myself a Polygon Siskiu T7 with 29 wheels. Have only ridden it around the streets and the MTB and BMX tracks at...
  14. S

Ok, so I have been looking at dropper posts and think I will take the plunge. (no pun intended) I know my post diameter is 31.6 and from what I've researched it seems to be best to get the max amount of travel possible (150mm ideally, 125mm minimum). Are electronic ones a pain due to there...
  15. S

ooooooo K o_O