Recent content by silentbutdeadly

1. silentbutdeadly

Trump.....

I recall that the White Stripes did an excellent cover version of that song back in the Noughties... ...or are you asking about something more culturally relevant?
  2. silentbutdeadly

Rotorburn strava

I'm fairly sure that both Mapbox (now used by Strava), OpenStreetMap and Google all use the same digital elevation model for their mapping of Australia. It'll be the 10 metre DEM supplied by Geoscience Australia... primarily because it's free. Now, if I remember the model parameters...
  3. silentbutdeadly

Newbie here :)

Well served by club managed trails at Rydal, Bathurst, Orange, Geurie and Dubbo (what have I missed?)...and plenty of places to explore.
  4. silentbutdeadly

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

They could...but who wants a case of Bananus?
  5. silentbutdeadly

Newbie here :)

You'd look good on a Harley...
  6. silentbutdeadly

Trump.....

Said ex-CIA person was interviewed on the ABC's 7:30 program that aired earlier tonight...
  7. silentbutdeadly

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

That happened well before the concrete...I haven't worn a tie for nearly 20 years!
  8. silentbutdeadly

Can't...the concrete has buggered my back!
  9. silentbutdeadly

We've got a dry dump on our place that is dominated by about 10 tonnes of scrap steel...and a dead agricultural harvester amongst other things. No shortage of things to lift... Anyone bitching about the cost of gym weights should just buy a couple of 20kg bags of premixed concrete...and harden...
  10. silentbutdeadly

An American I know (sort of) recently suggested to me that the people who founded America and upon whose principles were founded their weird idea of a constitution were actually members of a Christian cult that didn't fear death... ...these days, they have the weight and the numbers and the...
  11. silentbutdeadly

The discount code thread

Not going to argue but that's about the truth of it. Merlin 'assemble' their own bikes so (presumably) use Shimano UK as their OE supplier...and offload their 'glut' to their international acolytes who are searching constantly for a bargain. And yes...if you want customer service then, by all...
  12. silentbutdeadly

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

We run the sunbeam minibarista...paid $199 for it. We also use a conical burr grinder...and I think this is why we have only gone through two other similarly affordable manual machines since 2003. First one was a Breville Cafe Roma, second one was a Sunbeam and now this one (which has been the...
  13. silentbutdeadly

Confessions from the fuckwits

Safety warning went out today to some NSW public service... Apparently, an unfortunate lady managed to set fire to the hand sanitiser she was using via static electricity. 2nd degree burns. I'm told the pics of the damage are quite something. M'lady says she's staying well away from that sort...
  14. silentbutdeadly

The discount code thread

Merlin have an OE arrangement with Shimano...and they can and do ship Shimano stuff. Got some shifters in February for example. SJS Cycles will too but they don't always have the price advantage. Lately I've been finding Bikebug locally does OK with some Shimano stuff too. Also been keeping an...
  15. silentbutdeadly

Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Oh I don't know... I've kind of got used to a war where the opposing combatants, rather than fighting each other, continue to shoot themselves in the feet or their fellow soldiers in the head. Of course, like most wars...non-combatants are the ones who really cop it