Recent content by silentbutdeadly

1. silentbutdeadly

VIC 24" rims, x2

I'm reasonably confident they are... I'd have to dig them out of the shed to confirm. Which will have to wait till the weekend...
  2. silentbutdeadly

Thinking of giving a gravel bike a crack

Same story in the Pilliga on Monday...
  3. silentbutdeadly

What does your day look like?

My day sucked... again.
  4. silentbutdeadly

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

This is that moment after you realise that the sand is going to be an issue on this ride... It was certainly an issue!
  5. silentbutdeadly

You laugh you lose

In the vain hope of raising the tone on this thread, may I offer you a new interpretation of the Dutch Reach? Picture a picturesque campsite in one of Australia's more accessible but slightly out of the way National Parks. Imagine a pair of tourists from one of our highly valued but definitely...
  6. silentbutdeadly

VIC 24" rims, x2

I have a couple of other options... Option 1 is a pair of OEM Polygon brand 24" disc wheels. These would be in budget... Option 2 is a 24" wheelset made by XLR8 Wheels using Novatec 4 in 1 hubs and Spank Spike rims (red!). Not in budget but would come with all the other axle options and a pair...
  7. silentbutdeadly

Little Things You Hate

This is my recent experience as well.
  8. silentbutdeadly

Little Things You Hate

Just wait till you converse with the generally responsive but deeply inane and therefore completely useless customer service chatbot at Bikeinn.
  9. silentbutdeadly

Little Things You Hate

That makes you just a curlew then...
  10. silentbutdeadly

Little Things You Hate

Removing decade old 'tubeless rim tape' (aka Norton packaging tape) after it expired... The plastic tape itself peeled off the adhesive and reinforcing layer so (after failing to do anything more than make a mess with brake cleaner and a rag) I had to pick the rest off millimetre by millimetre...
  11. silentbutdeadly

It's a Siren Twinzer. Now defunct maker out of Colorado. Scored it years ago via Rotorburn. Had it resprayed a few years back...
  12. silentbutdeadly

I rode up the biggest hill I've ever ridden up (and yes I walked some of it) then rode down the other side. After which I took the longer way back. Now my legs ache... Burbie Fire Trail in the Warrumbungle NP for those not in the know.
  13. silentbutdeadly

What does your day look like?

After more than a decade experience...I can recommend it.
  14. silentbutdeadly

Frosty Boy or Baked Alaska?

I run both. Baked Alaska is good for those frosty cold starts that warm up. While the Frosty Boy is for the winter proper. I still run a short sleeve polypro thermal under both because the windfoil fabric is like very cold 400 grit wet & dry sandpaper
  15. silentbutdeadly

How many bikes is too many ?

It's only too many when it becomes obvious they aren't even trying to hide anymore... It turns out that the same goes for wheelsets.