Recent content by singlespeed01

1. S

Motor racing discussion

DTM rocks!! Hey guys I know it was a while ago, but back in 1996 I went to europe to check out the british and german grand prixs. While we were there we caught a round of the DTM. Even back then they were monsters. Only a little more suspension travel than an F1 car, and awesome 500hp...
  2. S

Looking for experiences with shoulder reconstructions

I had a reconstruction in 1997 after about 16 dislocations. The first was from playing squash, and it was out for about 2 hours. I had the old type of reconstruction, with the long scar down the front of my shoulder, (Cool scar). the new operation isn't as invasive, and the recovery is...
  3. S

Kona Unit Singlespeed - Custom

Hey dude I want my forks back!!! ; ) oh, and my wheel, brakes, and anything else I've forgotten!! ; ) how do you like them? I'm riding a reynolds 853 29er SS atm. Lovin it!!
  4. S

loyalty to your local bike store?

I was very loyal to my LBS for 3 years. They wanted to expand, and asked a couple of their best customers to put some money in for a part share. 3 years later, I'm paying wholesale prices, have full run of the workshop, get into VIP tents at races, and am looking forward to another cheque...
  5. S

Carbon, Aluminium or steel frame...?

"Disadvantages: Dosen't last long, can look fine but be ready to break at any moment, snaps like a thin dry twig(doesn't bend)" Ummm, interesting assessment of carbon! I'd say for xc, if you're into hartails, then the Scale is the way to go. I ride a Cannondale Scalpel, and it's great...
  6. S

Building cost of our modern bikes.

hey guys I'll try to give you a view from an importers side of the fence. I'm a part owner of a bike shop (Not a well paying gig by any stretch of the imagination), that imports a high end brand of carbon road ( and soon mtb ) frames. We have been doing this for 3 years, and are...
  7. S

best mechanical disk brakes

AVID BB7!!! Better than half of the hydros out there!!!
  8. S

Top five thrash metal and death metal bands of all time ...

ok, I'm a bit older than most of you, but my fav metal bands would have to be - Iron Maiden Megadeth Anthrax - Belladonna will always be God Judas Priest - Original line-up!! Although Ripper was awesome live Pantera - Cowboys from hell!! Metallica - everthing up to and including the...
  9. S

found

I've still got my small, black, 04 SC Chameleon for sale comes with FSA headset PM me
  10. S

Bugatti 400Km/h BEAST!!!!!

No probs dude whiskey and red wine?? I'm surprised you can see at all!! I saw the TOP GEAR episode you were talking about! I agree that the F40 was probably the coolest supercar around, but I wouldn't say no to a fang in an Enzo
  11. S

Bugatti 400Km/h BEAST!!!!!

quote=singlespeed01]
  12. S

making hair stand up

Have you seen "there's something about mary"??
  13. S

Ten things you want to do before you die:

reply to floody Floody wrote "Drive the Nurburgring, in my own car" Do it dude!!! I drove 4 laps of the 'ring in a hired German Barina!!! 185kms/hr on the back 3 k long straight!! The most awesome thing I have ever done!!
  14. S

found

I have an 04 santa cruz chameleon for sale!! Small, black, thompsons seatpost, and head set!! $500 pm me if you're interested i'm in brisbane