Recent content by singlespeedfreeride

1. singlespeedfreeride

Pics of trails progress. Show dem if ya gots dem!

good meeting you too, dude! give us a shout of you're in Sydney.
  2. singlespeedfreeride

yyeeww looks pretty sweet, able to ride and dig in winter or is it too cold? theres always room for trail nazi fuck off attitudes, you don't go into a public forum and start asking where trails are. Let alone reveal locations of trails, especially ones that you have never dug at. You are...
  3. singlespeedfreeride

'Trails' versus 'Jumps'

Yeah its pretty simple, if all your curve is at the bottom of the lip you can pump as hard as you can, and your trajectory will be constant, it also lets you pull back off the lip without the lip bucking your back wheel, because on a constant radius your front wheel is off the ground, while your...
  4. singlespeedfreeride

'Trails' versus 'Jumps'

I was taught to shape them to flatten out by a builder from a certain very highly regarded trails spot thats using techniques passed down from trails like posh and catty, people that have been building for 30 years. Pretty sure those guys know what they are doing. Have you ever ridden a bmx?
  5. singlespeedfreeride

we store rain water through a drainage system with numerous dams on the way down (you can see an example of the duct leading into a pit dug in the side in the photo), as well as plastic drums. were soon investing in a 1000L drum with a tap, and syphoning out of a spring further up the hill. we...
  6. singlespeedfreeride

yes, they are in nsw. no, you are not invited. and yeah Matt, theyre just about done, can still dig in the late arvo or early morning, but not without heaps of water.
  7. singlespeedfreeride

'Trails' versus 'Jumps'

well, the OP is quoting me, so I will explain what I was on about; trails: smooth, manicured jumps, berms, rollers, built with an emphasis on flow and stylish riding, requires a lot of skill just to get through the line, if you can even do a simple trick like a turndown or 3 on these lines...
  8. singlespeedfreeride

seems you have some pretty nice land to build on, awesome that more people are building real trails, not just jumps. i havnt been on here in ages, this is what ive been up to. we have 2 lines, first pic is Bobsled Run, because its straight down a fuck off big hill, and second is Get Bent, which...
  9. singlespeedfreeride

Descendence One Off

i guess you know more than ns, dartmoor, illbike, pride street and dobermann about frame design, please, enlighten me on why my bottom bracket cant be in a position that gives me a more nimble bike, lower centre of balance in manuals and easier spins. even for trails, i prefer a high bb, makes...
  10. singlespeedfreeride

what are you riding? street/park/dirt/4x?

bmx on the trails and in more bowl style parks, 26" for street. doing more digging than riding at the moment though...
  11. singlespeedfreeride

Allround Dirtjumper

nail, meet hammer. I can confirm you when you set up the suspension correctly the dartmoor shine can do just about anything, stable even on rougher downhill terrain (stays are about 400mm so in between your average hardtail and a freeride bike), but my friend can still 360 it on flat so its...
  12. singlespeedfreeride

FOUND Oxford Falls - Goggles found on lower section

if you happened to lose some goggles riding oxy on the weekend (found them on the push up back from big/little green) i found some down there yesterday morning. if you think they might be yours please message me with brand/colour and I can arrange for them to be returned :thumb:
  13. singlespeedfreeride

the money pit - Dartmoor Shine Build.

ill be there early, want to get back to Thornleigh and ride some bmx at night
  14. singlespeedfreeride

the money pit - Dartmoor Shine Build.

this sunday! keen!
  15. singlespeedfreeride

Fox 831 or DJ1?

your local bike shop can order one in no problems. distributed by Sola sports.