Recent content by sit_still

1. sit_still

GT Brian Lopes Signature Bike

Great frames. Very quick and stable at speed. Probably more suited to a 100mm or less travel fork. The short rear stays will make it very easy to pop the front wheel up but they are an absolute blast to ride.
  2. sit_still

How to remove anodising (My style)

forget the mothers stuff and get some Autosole thats the best stuff for polishing if your after a mirror finish start off with some 400 or 600 grade paper and move up through the grades 800, 1000, 1200, 1500 sanding in a chris cross fashion ie sand east west with one grade then north south...
  3. sit_still

Post Your XC Machine

I posted up many pages ago but have since made a couple of upgrades and got a new frame. (i killed my old one :D) specs have remained the same all XT apart from 70mm token stem, RS reba race forks odi grips and kenda small block 8 tires. comes in just over 12kg
  4. sit_still

4WD Tyre Choice

agree, great tyres and deffinately worth the little extra, theres not much terrian they cant handle
  5. sit_still

SOLD!! Mongoose Canaan

free bump for the man these are great bikes i know cause i have one, you will not be dissapointed with how well they ride and handle all the best with the sale at this price its a bargin
  6. sit_still

Mongoose Frame crack

It seems to be a common fault in 07 model mongooses across the dual suspension range. my canaan cracked around the shock mount and was replaced with the 08 model (both frame and swing arm) Contact your LBS where you purchased the bike from, explain you have found what appears to be a crack...
  7. sit_still

havent had one for a while... post your cars

First ride 74' RX4 coupe 13B ep, custom interior, hilux LSD, OM simmons Written off - T boned 2nd ride 73 RX4 sedan regretfully sold to a friend who moved interstate but hes restored it to full orginal current ride 82 RX7 SII, engine form RX4 (soon to be race spec J port) 51mm webber...
  8. sit_still

Is it too wet?

lucky buggers, i would love to swap dust and dry conditions for a bit or rain and mud. on that note, if the track is wet, still reasonably hard packed and not slush i dont see the harm if going for a spin, but if theres been a lot of rain thenill stick to fire roads for my riding fix.
  9. sit_still

rp23 setup

That might just be a enough info to get me by :D
  10. sit_still

Giant TranceXual. 30/04/08: geeky weights/parts list posted

I must say the build come up very nice, on the topic of forks have you thought about the marzocchi 55 ata
  11. sit_still

energy drink

Now thats the shit, 2 bottles/cans of that and you can feel your pupils dilate
  12. sit_still

Bike computer advice (Sigma, CatEye)

I recently purchased a sigma BC 1106 wireless, had nothing but problems, the speedo doesn't pick up the the sensor, takes forever to load settings, taking it back in exchange for a trusty old wire version, unless i find a wirless one i like that works in the shop any suggestions?
  13. sit_still

HT or FS

A 4" travel dually will be perfect for your needs, with lock out forks and pro pedal settings you can almost get a dually to pedal like a hard tail up hill and on flat, then back it all of to enjoy the ride down hill
  14. sit_still

Post Your XC Machine

I picked up my new XC bike last night, and broke it in today with a race at Mt Torrens, needless to say i love it, climbs like a hard tail with minimal pedal bob, adjust the forks to 140mm and let it rip down hill. Frame:07 Mongoose Canaan team Fork: Marzocchi XC600 ATA2 100-140mm travel...
  15. sit_still

Most important Upgrade

considering the bike comes stock with maxxis minnions, no need to change the tyres just play around with different pressures. If your planning to Down hill only, get rid of the dual chain rings and front shifter then get your self a chain guide E13, MRP, Gaumt theres plenty of good cond. 2nd...