Recent content by Ska-quatch

1. Ska-quatch

Reunion Island - Mountain bike tours/rentals, any reccomendations?

Hi all, Was wondering if anyone has been to Reunion to ride, and if they have any recommended hire companies or know a mob offering tours? I've one day only to play with so I'm thinking a tour might be the way to go, with the emphasis on going downwards preferable. Found the below...
  2. Ska-quatch

Long Gully Thursday Ride Nights. Fortnightly.

Is this happening this coming thursday the 16th? and when are things closing up/re starting for the Christmas period? Keen to come down, just don't want to rock up when no one else is there :p
  3. Ska-quatch

All mountain

+1, it would be nice to see.
  4. Ska-quatch

Sold

Your private messages are full Sorry mate, just letting you know your inbox is full, I'm pretty interested, just can't get through. Cheers, Callum
  5. Ska-quatch

Zambikes

Just saw this article, figured I'd share, quite nice looking frames really. http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/africa/8125274.stm
  6. Ska-quatch

Moto?

Post 1996 DR 650SE's are tops, looking at getting hold of one myself, bit heavy for singletrack work, but if you don't mind working a bit harder, they'll still go anywhere. Dunlop 606's or Pirelli MT21's are good half and halfers tyre wise, you can expect 8k out of a set if your happy to wear...
  7. Ska-quatch

Your 2009 Bike Related Goal.

Ride in a less squid like fashion and ride more to more places. I'm doing ok on the latter, still in a squid like manner however.
  8. Ska-quatch

Which bikes to bring to Australia (Melbourne)?

Depends how far away you want to be from the city/work as well as how much you want to be paying rent wise. I migrated with my family from the UK 5 years ago and we hit upon the ferntree gully area, which is around 45km from the centre. There's good riding nearby in the form of lysterfield lake...
  9. Ska-quatch

Home remedies or hot tips for growing skin back?

Ouch. That's why I suffer like mad on hot days in a leather jacket. I had a real deep graze from a motorbike stack a few years back (was wearing head to toe kevlar, didn't help; the bike pants just ripped), went to the doctors and got given some gooey stuff called Bactroban cream (Mupirocin) to...
  10. Ska-quatch

sick board?

A motorcycle forum I use has something like this called faceplant, people post up a discription of their stack, what protective gear they were using and if it worked, and then what injuries they copped, its pretty good. Especially in regards to encoraging people to use the right gear.
  11. Ska-quatch

Black dog name?

Shadow's good for black/grey animals, or how about Canary - cos if you ever put him down a mine shaft he probably wouldn't come out alive?
  12. Ska-quatch

Not happy Jan - Cracked frame (Now Fixed) good work norco

True, its a lot of fun wildly leaping to conclusions however :p
  13. Ska-quatch

Yes, Farkin has changed its name to Rotorburn

How about Cyclesquirrel.com.au? Or *Contorts painfully through an agony of creation* Chainskip.net, prehap's even thelittlereboundadjusteronthebottomofsomeforkswiththeredanodisingthatdoesntseemtodomuchbutclicksalotandoccasionallyfallsoffjustlikethatbutontheinternet.com It'll have...
  14. Ska-quatch

Yes, Farkin has changed its name to Rotorburn

The Web filtering page has gone now, slightly concerned farkin may have gone all responsible and grown up in all the april fools chaos whilst our guards were down :eek:
  15. Ska-quatch

Farkin.com ---> ROtorburn.com

I knew a moment of purest panic until I noticed the date. "The Australian Government; thinking of the children." Gold :p