Recent content by Slank

1. S

The Great North Walk ??

Bit near heatons pass. The stair case/climb at Heatons pass is a real challenge to carry a bike up. I have done with with my Reign X0 but I wouldnt want to do it again :) Some of the steps were about the size of my size 47 FiveTen shoe and the bike pretty much needed to be carried above my...
  2. S

Mountain bikers of Newcastle University

Another thing to check is which affiliation Its worthwhile when investigating this as an option as to who the club is affiliated to. Again this may no longer apply but there used to be nusport affiliated clubs which were tied to the sports union and there was clubs tied to the students union...
  3. S

Mountain bikers of Newcastle University

You are pretty close to Jesmond park where there is some trails that are awaiting development. Having a link to the UoN might help get the ball rolling but thats just speculation on my behalf. It has been 10 years since i have been involved with any clubs at Newcastle uni but i still think...
  4. S

Don't get busted with a rear rack over your plate...NSW law...

I do a fair chunk of driving between Newcastle and Yamba and the whole license plate and light set thing leaves me in two minds. In some cases you see a big 4wd with a whole families bikes on it, car packed full of stuff obviously some grand family holiday. I cringe when i see this if the cops...
  5. S

please delete

I picked up some xtr trail pedals a while back from evans cycles, worked out at under $100 australian delivered in under a week. This was back when the xtr trail pedals were around $150+ mark in Australia. I try and buy most of my stuff local saving any OS shopping for when there are big sales...
  6. S

29ers - Advice pls. Specialized Stumpjumper comp VS Merida Twenty Nine 1000-d Lite.

I have a stump jumper comp and I am a little shorter then you but a lot heavier (6'3" 120kg in riding gear). The comments about the wheels may be true as I taco'd my front being less then aggresive. Having said that there are quite a few comments on the net indicating there were some wheel...
  7. S

lake macquarie DH

Got the error message as well but noticed if i am logged in to facebook then it will display them. Not much use for those without a facebook account but for those with them who want to view the clips it is an option
  8. S

29er Tyre Thread

Nobby Nic 2.35 Tried out a Nobby Nic 2.35 the other day. Previously I had been running a specialized captain control 2.2 as a comparison which had previously replaced some sworks of fast trak 2.0's. Being a big person the smaller tyres just were not gripping as well for me hence trying the...
  9. S

9/10mm DT Swiss RWS thru bolt vs generic 9/10mm thru bolt

There are adapters for the 240 hubs. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23857 not sure about 370s
  10. S

Flat pedals for XC

I like my dmr v12's and even the dmr v8's when used in conjunction with five ten's they are grippy and light. Plus now they are getting heaps cheaper that DMR have brought out their replacements.
  11. S

Maitland to Glenrock

There is trails that run parrallel to the wallsend link road which you can ride then into jesmond park up to the john hunter from there you can duck down the roads through kotara and up fernleigh track to glenrock. No experience on trails from the link road towards maitland sorry.
  12. S

Fattest tyre into a Terralogic F29 2011 - Nobby Nic 2.35?

I am a big person :) at about 115kg with camelbak etc I initially ran sworks fastrak 2.0's on my stumpy 29er and found I was sliding around alot on the awaba XC track. I switched to the captain controls a 2.35 at the front and a 2.1 i think it is on the rear and regained all that control. I...
  13. S

Fattest tyre into a Terralogic F29 2011 - Nobby Nic 2.35?

Not sure if it helps but I have a 2.35 Nobby Nic on a blunt velocity rim and it really does not fit on my reba 29er fork. When first fitted it rubbed against the thick part of the cable tie which holds the front brake cable. It is only a 10mm qr axle so I havent tested it out figuring if the...
  14. S

Breathable wet weather jacket

would second this i have one and I think it is excellent. I usually sweat alot whilst riding but i dont seem to have an issue with this one. They are expensive but not when your parents bring one back from canada as a suprise present. Win!
  15. S

Still ride a 26"?

1 x29er 3x26er Have a spec 29er love it for general riding around glenrock and awaba, the other main bike i ride is a reign x0, love it around glenrock on the same trails, actually found it more enjoyable on the new tracks being completed over the last couple months, hated it when i last tried...