Recent content by Slow moe

1. S

Snakes

Sadly not the explanation. Would have been even more spectacular if I'd had time to eat a decent amount. Probably should be posting in the 'What might have been...' thread.
  2. S

Snakes

I got pretty lucky. It bit me on the toe and one of its fangs hit my toenail so I only got a half dose. I was only about 10yo so things were hidden from me a bit but I'm told the defibrillator was on standby for a while. Biggest effect was that for a year or two afterwards scratches on that leg...
  3. S

Snakes

Reckon it just had an attitude problem. I was just walking along (in my yard), it bit me and then promptly disappeared into some bushes. I wasn't being loud or moving quickly. Most people suggest that I must have stepped on it, but being bare foot at the time, I am sure I didn't
  4. S

Snakes

Whether they eat other snakes or not, red-bellies are arse-hats. The first time I ever saw one was immediately after the little bastard bit me
  5. S

Little Things You Hate

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-21/excessive-speed-canberra-road-death-cyclist/103614788
  6. S

You laugh you lose

The same people who put platypus in an omelette
  7. S

What does your day look like?

If you were riding an eeb, I'm more concerned about your knee than the 'bike'
  8. S

Hoping that one of the 'ups' is that your beautiful new bike was not harmed
  9. S

A lot better:
  10. S

Coffee addict needs help from smart person

Caffeine back-up in place - a waeco handpumped thing I have for camping. It makes a reasonable coffee but not the same as the real thing. And is pretty slow to use for someone who is always running late in rhe mornings. Apparently the new part was placed in the express post this arvo. So...
  11. S

So, after spending way too long trying to cut a groove in the screw, pulling the machine apart and determining that there wasn't much of a better way, then spending even more time trying to cut a groove... I have found a stockist that will send me the whole group head, express post, for $160...
  12. S

@ausdb breville dual boiler. No tricky screws, just think I need to pull half the machine apart to detach the group head.
  13. S

@Rusty_68 a piece of cardboard with a hole punched in it was doing the trick. @pink poodle it absolutely is. Question is whether it is also new coffee machine time