Recent content by SlowManiac

1. S

We've lost the desire... how do we get it back?

I used to be massively into endurance sport - first running ultra marathons (100km, 100mile) then cycling. In 2017 I did the Haute Route Pyrenees and Alps back to back (1800km, 60 000 vertical meters, basically a 6-8hrs on a bike every day for 2 weeks in the big mountains in France). It was...
  2. S

Funny stuff my kid says

Actually this is funny stuff my missus said but it belongs in here. (this is said with regard to me doing the grocery shopping) 'Can you please stop buying pork, it's the least ethical meat. But can you still buy bacon, I like bacon' When I pushed back on this I was told that bacon comes in...
  3. S

Black Dogs and mental shit in general

Holy sh!t that is quite a read! Not that there is ever a good time to go through all that but Christmas and a new job certainly adds to it. I can only comment on the Pulmonary Embolism (PE). I've had a couple over the years (including a few in my lungs) and am on a low dose of thinners...
  4. S

Narooma MTB Trails

Shuttle operator has been announced too. Southbound Escapes I think. Heading down mid Jan with the sprog, pretty pumped!
  5. S

Best first pedal bike…?

Commencal make good kids bikes
  6. S

Sold 2021 Commencal Meta HT 24 SOLD

Bump $800
  7. S

Bump and price drop $850 Xmas is coming...
  8. S

Item: 2021 Commencal Meta HT 24 Location: Northern Beaches Sydney Item Condition: Good - some scratches and a bit of cable rub Reason for selling: Not being used Price and price conditions: $900 pick up only Extra Info: Awesome kids bike. Currently with dirt jump/ skate park tyres, I think I...
  9. S

Teenager with life altering injuries - family needs help

Hey all Just wanted to bring to attention this Go Fund me for a young kid seriously injured riding at Red Hill in Sydney. (this from the Go Fund Me) On Sunday, September 10th, Fletcher Crowley, our nephew - and a fantastic 17-year-old kid, had a life-altering accident that left him with a...
  10. S

Electric Vehicles etc

Was chatting to the dad of a friend of my kid who is a motoring journalist who told me about a trip he just did in a Taycan. Darwin to Birdsville over 3 weeks. As you can imagine he kind of stood out amongst all the Landcruisers etc. Sounds like they had a blast, donuts on the big red dune...
  11. S

You laugh you lose

He competed as a white belt. BJJ black belt is usually around 10 years, possibly less if you are a billionaire and can pay legends to teach you. I semi know what I am talking about, I have my purple belt
  12. S

Home & Contents Insurance renewals...

Our H&C has quadrupled in the last 3 years. 100% increase from last year to the renewal that just came in. From $2000 to almost $4300 I think we have been put on some kind of flood database (we back onto a small creek in suburban Sydney). Could not even get a quote from many insurers. Allianz...
  13. S

How to buy a car

Right. So that says we have B47 engine. So that is good.
  14. S

How to buy a car

Usually I would consider a diesel either except for the fact that it's a bargain.
  15. S

How to buy a car

So - a contender has entered the fray - a 2015 BMW X3 20d. It's being offered to us by the family my wife works for - it's well looked after and a very good price. One question though. My research leads me to believe there are 2 engine versions that this car sold with. N47 and newer B47. The...