Recent content by sly_artichoke

1. sly_artichoke

NSW SOLD Sram xo brakes

model year/age? colour? disc size? hose lengths? used on what bike currently? photos please! thanks
  2. sly_artichoke

Capital Punishment 2012

Well, at least that was worth the wait. Everything a data junkie needs... And +1 for a great event. I know, there was a lot of tarmac to link things, but overall, I had a blast.
  3. sly_artichoke

Capital Punishment postponed

Those entered should have received the postponement advice. AROC advising late April for a re-match. It's going to be a bit packed with XC races around then. Tathra 100 on the 22nd, Choc Foot at Kinross on the 29th, Dirtworks, sorry, Convict 100 on May 5th. Going to need some supplements to keep...
  4. sly_artichoke

2011 SRAM Singletrack Mind Series

Excellent work Crummy! The rear facing camera work really reflects the flow of Awaba so well. Got my 1 second of fame at 51 secs. 14min 59 to go...
  5. sly_artichoke

WARRINGAH COUNCIL Mountain Biking in Warringah Research and Directions - Draft

Remember that this is a research paper, yet to be adopted by Council. Flick them a quick email saying that you support the general direction of the document, with whatever additions, or changes you think should happen. The more responses from the MTB community the better, and showing we're...
  6. sly_artichoke

WARRINGAH COUNCIL Mountain Biking in Warringah Research and Directions - Draft

A link to this arrived in my inbox today. It's a weighty document of around 90 pages, so I've yet to look in detail, but it looks thorough. Here's the link. http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/comment/documents/10163_Attachment_Booklet_DRAFT_Mountain_Biking_In_Warringah_Nov_2011.pdf Have a...
  7. sly_artichoke

+1. It's not just this event plagued by wet weather this year. Let's hope for a slightly drier 2012.
  8. sly_artichoke

ANSTO closes Menai/Lucas Heights trails to the public

Any feedback from yesterday's meeting from those able to attend?
  9. sly_artichoke

Is the FS 26" XC bike dead?

Had to jump on my old hardtail 26" a few weeks back as the Tallboy was up on the blocks awaiting parts I'd broken in the Husky (rear derailleur if you want to know). What an unpleasant situation! I'm pushing half a century now, so comfort plays as big a part as handling these days. And the...
  10. sly_artichoke

Chamois Cream - thick or thin

Another fan of the Assos for your Ass here too. I've also been using Brave Soldier 'Friction Zone' on the nether regions - lasts and lasts and has a very pleasant aroma! Haven't used them at the same time though.
  11. sly_artichoke

Capital Punishment 2012

Having stayed clear this year after the inaugural mudbath of 2010, I've decided to give it another try. Let's hope AROC have rested well and will be there with bells on in March.
  12. sly_artichoke

Cateye Adventure wireless problem

Have just replaced batteries in both the head unit and fork mounted sensor. Followed all instructions for restarting, but the sensor will NOT synchronise with the head unit. All reset buttons seem to be clicking appropriately (ie no dust or mud clogging the works). Clicking reset on the sensor...
  13. sly_artichoke

No maggie - there's a plus. No rain - there's another plus! Thoroughly spent after a day in the sun, dust and heat. The cool change helped keep things manageable. Great organisation as usual from the Chocolate Foot crew. Sad to see the St John and Ambulance having a bit of use today...
  14. sly_artichoke

Mt Annan

DIdn't see maggie at all today, much to the relief of everyone I'm sure. Too much choice so couldn't make up its mind I guess. Thoroughly spent after a day in the sun, dust and heat. The cool change helped keep things manageable. Great organisation as usual from the Chocolate Foot crew...
  15. sly_artichoke

Mt Annan

I'm confident the maggie will get tired this Sunday! Let's hope so. No probs when riding with a few people in a tight-ish bunch last Sunday, but once you're on your own, you're Target No.1.