Recent content by Smacko

1. Smacko

Garmin 24 2011,redesdale,vico,hi noon

I think most would agree that at over $100 per entry a certain level of professionalism is expected for the running of this event. As a general rule (pardon the pun) I wouldn't expect rule changes are made after entries are open unless there is good reason to do so. (i.e. poor weather or other...
  2. Smacko

STOLEN Three Norcos

2 padlocks plus the shed.... pretty keen. Sounds like they knew they were in there. Someone you know?
  3. Smacko

Magicshine bike lights

Magicshine Mods Has anybody tried modding these lights? Was thinking of running two units together as either a helmet or bar mount similar to the Dogstar2 system offered by Cutter Electronics. Cycling through the modes of each unit separately would be pain however, so hoping a mod to operate...
  4. Smacko

Magicshine bike lights

Replacement Batter When the battery goes, and they do sooner or later due to the balance circuit in the pack being next to useless, purchase a 7.4V LiPo Battery and balance charger. (Hobby King is a good starting point - RC hobby supplier) You can get the correct connectors from Jaycar...
  5. Smacko

The Duael 6hr Pairs Enduro

MJB - Who said I wasn't going to enter? Just stirring the pot and making sure credit is given where it's due. Love and kisses, fellow Sat morning rider.
  6. Smacko

The Duael 6hr Pairs Enduro

I'd be hitting them up for a % of the entry fee......after this Sunday every man and his dog will be wanting to ride and race it. Nothing bad about that, but credit where it's due to the Wombat Boys for their hard work in developing what I would rate as my favourite trail in the region...
  7. Smacko

Cannondale Clock to Clock Challenge in Woodend

Chute Chute = Steep section of fire road. It's quite rocky and hence has an increased technical difficulty. If you show up with your brakes in good working order and take it easy on the decent you'll be fine. Rode the course early Sat morning and liked it alot. Single track in pines my...
  8. Smacko

Nemesis Marathon Challenge

They'd have to improve it an awful lot to get me back. The new trail section they had last year hadn't had a chance to pack down and was chopped to the shite after the first 50 riders went through. Top it off with the steep fire road decent at the end, which just went on and on...
  9. Smacko

Online entries now open for the 2011 Granite Grind

Course Profile Anyone? Anyone done got a course profile they can upload. Broke my leg 18 weeks ago and still lack the power required for the steeper climbs.
  10. Smacko

Newbie with broken leg

Great link mtb101!!.... the "Recovery Thread" has some encouraging reads. I don't know the You Yangs very well hence doing the training run out there before the Yowie. I think it was in the Stockyards area riding around the lip of the old quarry. We were trying to retrace last year's route but...
  11. Smacko

Newbie with broken leg

Evening all. Since taking up mtb a couple of years ago I've been lurking in the background but only joined Rotorburn today. Why? Well, a month ago I broke my leg training for the Yowie and now have all the time in the world to surf the net and post on forums! I'm a late thirties XC rider...