Recent content by smaj

1. S

Electric Vehicles etc

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/cupra-born-ev-wont-be-held-back-by-poor-supply Good to see a car brand saying they won't have supply issues with EVs to Australia. Especially since I like the form factor of the Cupra Born, and we won't be getting the ID.3 for years here probably. I...
  2. S

Canberra rides and beers

Yesterday I would've said "BoM predicts 60-90mm, we'll probably get 20mm", but now I'm not so sure.
  3. S

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Yep, after the WC courses this year, this is ... disappointing. I was going to say "more CX than XC", but I don't even know if it's that.
  4. S

Formula One world championship

Piastri's Twitter Rumour is he's signed for McLaren. Silly season has started.
  5. S

Electric Vehicles etc

I don't know. I don't understand anything about BMW anymore.
  6. S

This is great news for Piastri. I was beginning to fear he was going to end up like Vandoorne at McLaren, left on the shelf for too long. Next big driver movement will be next year, when Dan's contract is up? And Perez has a 1+1 I think?
  7. S

Mystic MTB - Bright

https://www.ambmag.com.au/news/hope-for-mystic-bright-mountain-bike-park-on-the-brink-583450
  8. S

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

On my ride on Sunday, the dropper post got stuck down. I couldn't get it to come back up again, so I compromised by pulling it out to the minimum insertion mark, and rode back standing up half the way. :) Luckily I was on the return leg, so only another 20 minutes or so. Thought it was my...
  9. S

Canberra rides and beers

Same. Was out at the same time Saturday and Sunday mornings. On Saturday, the bike riders were outnumbered by the dog walkers. This morning was nuts though. Think there was a big training group there (Dynamic Motivation) and bumped into about a dozen of them on one of the lower trails.
  10. S

Little Things You Hate

Heh, or as happened to me, I tried to check in to the wrong reception (minutes of confusion passed as they valiantly tried to find me in their records), then finally worked out I needed to queue at the reception next to it.
  11. S

I've been half-expecting this for a while, but it's still a bit of a shock. I have a feeling he'll just disappear from the paddock after this year.
  12. S

I'm trying to figure out who's got worse timing, Honda's PU department, or Ferrari's race strategy team.
  13. S

Electric Vehicles etc

Is this why Porsce's Taycan has a two-speed transmission?
  14. S

I haven't been keeping up with the latest. RBR have been looking to offload Alpha Tauri for ages, maybe they made Porsche an offer that was too good to turn down? Haven't heard much on the Sauber angle recently, and wonder what's happening w.r.t. Audi now. Sauber and AT are both pretty good...