1. smasher29er

Herniated Discs - Log

yeah time for a upgrade, I hear the 2022 models are good
  2. smasher29er

Herniated Discs - Log

Couldn't agree more
  3. smasher29er

TRP brake set up.

With my TRP's I also settled on just getting bar clamps. I might have a look to see what old adaptors I have and if anyone wants to try them, I would be happy to sell and ship. I never posted them for sale because I didnt think anyone would ever need them, turns out its common issue.
  4. smasher29er

Dealing with injury risk

I do agree that fast is fun, but with this guys multiple concussions and neuro symptoms, maybe finding safer speed and risk (oxymoron I know). possibly track days in a car probably have low concussion risk.
  5. smasher29er

Dealing with injury risk

What bike and year of manufacture are you riding? What were you doing when you crashed? Have you done any neuro rehab? the number of concussions you have had is alarming and having a year or two off the bike is probably a good idea just to decrease the likelihood of another (assuming many...
  6. smasher29er

Fancy coil shocks for Capra. Kitsuma vs ohlins vs Fox

100kgs here, I havent ridden The kit but have ridden other CC coils and have been happy with the plow factor. Slightly off topic, but also relevant is that I have enjoyed my sprindex coil, nice to not have to buy heaps of springs to try heaps out spring weights.
  7. smasher29er

The stupid questions thread.

That is a platypus
  8. smasher29er

Steel regret

Has anyone bought a steel framed bike and regretted it? Like you just wished it was made from aluminum to be lighter? Yes I am aware that tons of people have bought and love their steel mountain bikes.
  9. smasher29er

Shoulder / Upper body Protection

How many times have you dislocated your shoulder? Seen a physio about getting the shoulder better for mountain biking?
  10. smasher29er

Shoulder / Upper body Protection

IF you have had a shoulder dislocation, the likelihood of dislocating again is high, With or without surgery and rehab/strength building is helpful but like mentioned above crashing is not gonna do good on your shoulder. Below are two braces that would be helpful in supporting your shoulder. I...
  11. smasher29er

WATER PROOF COMMUTER BACK PACK

Sorry I meant not not not top, or just not top haha when zippers are up top they leave a tiny hole between the two that always seems to let in buckets of water.
  12. smasher29er

WATER PROOF COMMUTER BACK PACK

I just use a wet/dry bag and make sure the zippers are not not top
  13. smasher29er

Coil conversion vs coil fork

What was fiddly about the set up? And fortunately/unfortunately due to my size spring selection is usually pretty easy I'm the 110kg with riding gear, so I'm usually just the heaviest spring
  14. smasher29er

It's not as good as coil, especially on big mountain ride days
  15. smasher29er

I had and enjoyed the old cc coil helm but sold it with my old bike(which was on a heavy rig) and wanted to ride something a bit lighter and wanted to see what the new air forks were like. And the selva is interesting but the proprietary servicing does scare me away.