Recent content by smokeybear

1. S

ACT Sold

Just sent you a PM
  2. S

NSW sold please delete

Is the back wheel good, no dints, D's or breaking spokes? Are you able to e-mail/post pictures? Cheers
  3. S

The post worlds 'Where to now?' question.

http://www.urbanpolaris.org.au/
  4. S

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

What a great event, well done to all the volunteers and organisers and the high staminer 24hr tackside supporters and my pit crew, you all kick butt. I covered a large range of emotions in that 24hrs, huge highlights descending pork barrell flat out a couple of times with no other riders...
  5. S

ALDI - 36pc Bike Tool Kit (Im not even joking)

Razor scooters have threaded headsets.......I have kids= usless spanners have a use. All those inferior quality tools that ride retro fixies need all the old school inferior tools to tool on their fixies. I have a super B kit, it works well. I have a bunch of Aldi tools, they all work...
  6. S

X0 Front shifter not shifting

My almost new X0 shifter stopped engaging the other day, the up shift leaver doesn't grab about 80% of the time. It just pushes freely around. I've had a tinker with it but no luck, has anyone come across a decent manual for repair or does such a thing just not exist?
  7. S

ALDI - 36pc Bike Tool Kit (Im not even joking)

I'd give it a go, all the tools I've bought from Aldi have stood the test of time. If one item dies replace it with an expensive one.
  8. S

I've ridden the track 5 times this week including once at night. Pork Barrel is a bit knocked around, at a guess if you've managed to qualify for the 24 solo you'll get down no worries you just need to take a bit of care. It's not buffed like last year but it isn't looking like a DH track...
  9. S

Is it double custard or that lame old school custard?
  10. S

If a rider has a major mechanical, I'm assuming they need to walk their bike back to pit row. The crew can't ride a spare bike out to that spot on the course?
  11. S

I guess I'm quite dissapointed to see a no show for US elite men. Great to see the women an age groupers turning up but 3 or 4 in elite wouldn't have gone astray.....Great to see the 73 other internationals made the effort.
  12. S

Just looked at the Elite Men list. Where are the Yanks? There's not a one!
  13. S

I'm not sure if there is anything formal in place, but I'm sure if you post when you arrive all us Canberra locals would be happy for you to tag along if we're riding at Stromlo or around town.
  14. S

That Magpie isn't a good test subject, it lives at the CSIRO on Clunes Ross St and is completely insane. I've ridden 400m doing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2syEM9gM23o and it hasn't backed off.
  15. S

On a different topic completely. For all you non Australian riders, you can ignore all the quips about drop bears and bunyips but it is probably worth noting that the local Magpies are nesting at the moment. They occasionally have a go at a passing cyclist. If your out for a ride you...