Recent content by Snockers

1. Snockers

The Single Speed Thread

Hey Tracti, what size are you after? I've got a Large (20") 2014 Surly Karate Monkey I've been thinking about updating/upgrading for a while, if that sounds like it'd suit you.
  2. Snockers

VES at Lysty?

I found out by accident that the course map in the info pack is a hyperlink to a strava file, but they do have another hyperlink in the text above the map: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/1511ac_217526c86eff409099385b6187a0a6c5.pdf https://www.strava.com/activities/1503609008 Planning to have...
  3. Snockers

Sold SOLD

Perfect timing! PM incoming.
  4. Snockers

Gravel grinder recommendation. On-One Bish Bash Bosh?

My Surly Straggler has been great for about 3.5yrs/25000km so far. Mixed-terrain commutes most days with front panniers, and lots of long mixed terrain weekend rides. This definitely isn't a light bike though by any measure... Kona has a very gravel-heavy lineup this year between their Sutra's...
  5. Snockers

VIC Crankset - 68/73mm BB , 175mm arms, 1x chainring

I've got some spare Truvativ Firex cranks here which came stock on my Karate Monkey, looks like they'd suit your needs: They're 68/73 GXP BB, 104BCD, with a 33t (not narrow-wide unfortunately) chainring and the original bash guard which I barely used. The cranks/BB probably only saw...
  6. Snockers

Commuter tyres

No worries Plugga, let us know how they go!
  7. Snockers

Commuter tyres

Hey Plugga, In terms of newer slick options, I've been running Soma Shikoro folding bead tyres in the 700x42 casing for almost 4000km now, and they've been great. Bit heavier than similar Compass tyres, but they do have additional protection that the Compass tyres lack (to favour more supple...
  8. Snockers

VIC Rigid 29er Carbon Forks

Updated, was looking at the wrong stock for specs!!
  9. Snockers

VIC Rigid 29er Carbon Forks

Hi All, I'm on the lookout for some rigid carbon forks for my Karate Monkey, and it's not so easy to find many new options for 1 1/8" steerer, QR forks. Would prefer something branded (ie not no-name chinese ebay ones). I do like the stock forks, and have tried out some cheap secondhand sus...
  10. Snockers

Road tyres for my 29er

Be careful reading tyre load limits...remember you have two tyres on your bike, and maybe something like a 30:70 weight split f:r, so the highest static load on the rear wheel and could be estimated as 0.7*120=85kg, this is roughly the actual load on the tyre. Schwalbe website does stat...
  11. Snockers

The Single Speed Thread

Ripper evening Monkeyin' around on Yarra Trails for the first time in a few months!
  12. Snockers

Kona - steel - experience? And fat roadies??

Great to hear slo, look forward to hearing how you enjoy a Roadhouse! That steel build looks pretty neat Mica, and pretty light I'm guessing? Love that Independent too, something about skinwalls + steel just works...
  13. Snockers

Kona - steel - experience? And fat roadies??

I've been riding a Surly Straggler for over 2 years now, and for me the fat tyre gravel/cx thing is pretty perfect, but that's essentially what it comes down to: what do you want it for? Mine's basically a ~200km a week commuter, loaded with my clothes/lunch for work for most of that...
  14. Snockers

VIC [SOLD] Shimano Tiagra ST-4600 STI Shifters

Bump and price drop.
  15. Snockers

VIC [SOLD] Shimano Tiagra ST-4600 STI Shifters

Item: Shimano Tiagra ST-4600 STI Shifters Location: Brunswick, VIC Item Condition: Used, few scuffs, mechanically excellent Reason for selling: No longer required Price and price conditions: Extra Info: These levers came stock on my cx bike, I changed to SRAM shifters after a few...