Recent content by Soul-Rider

1. S

New 'trail' HT frame for ~1k AUD

A Chromag Rootdown would be sweet. $1015 plus shipping as long as you can wait for 2021 models (Purple looks cool!). I’ve got a 27.5” Stylus and their reputation for awesomeness is well deserved! https://au.chromagbikes.com/collections/29-27/products/rootdown-21
  2. S

120mm+ Hardtails?

I’ll vouch for the fuse, it’s lovely but currently out of stock. My mate is the Specialized dealer and can’t get one for himself! i also have a Taiwan made Chromag Stylus and it’s a awesome!
  3. S

Boutique bike pricing

With the shortage in bikes for shops to Sell I’ve seen some crazy prices for second handers. Yep, these are crazy times!
  4. S

Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

Sorry for the weird cropping. That’s the way the photos embedded!
  5. S

I’ve posted the Chromag Stylus and Specialized Fuse before but I’m bored so I thought that I’d update. First is the Stylus. The Cherry red coil Helms are a very sweet fork but the colour didn’t really work for my old build so I’ve swapped some parts around too create a “Marley” theme. Im just...
  6. S

Box 9 speed

I’ve been really happy with the box 7 speed kit. The derailer is a bit bulky but has been tough. I’m very keen on replacing my NX kit with the 9 Speed, but feel like I should probably wait until something breaks first. I find myself double shifting more often than not with the 12 speed so the 9...
  7. S

ROAR BANSHEE PARADOX V3

Looks amazing. I love the near monochrome build with the raw frame. Actually, a raw frame with any build looks great!
  8. S

Sold Box 7 DiveTrain- Sold

Not Sold, just repurposed!
  9. S

2019 Specialized Stumpy Evo

Here's an update as the Stump has changed a fair bit. A matchy, matchy red Box stem now tops off the coil Helm fork. And on the rear a new Ohlins 210x55 Shock have come to play. The longer shock gives her 165mm of travel and is so yellow and so smoooooth! And next we have the Stump in it...
  10. S

Oakley Crew Sock Equivalent

Globe Black Crew socks are my fav for day to day and ridding in 510 skate style shoes. Socks are one of those things that really shouldn't require that much thought but a good pair make every day better! Best sock for cycling shoes in my experience is the Ground effects ones from NZ. Not cheap...
  11. S

Sold Niner Jet 9 RDO Large Frame

I’m not a buyer but I have to say that the build in the pics is amazing. SS dualie racer? Wow.
  12. S

AM Waltly Ti Hardtail

I feel dirty asking this but have you weighed the frame? It looks awesome, I wonder what they have for single speed drop outs!
  13. S

You have to run the tension pretty loose on a narrow/wide ring to stop it binding. bit a loose chain is a fast chain! If it’s a new ring it will also wear smooth after a few km too. The bike looks great!
  14. S

BOX 9 review

Would someone buy my Box 7 speed speed kit so that I can buy the 9 speed!
  15. S

Frame Protection / Heli tape alternatives.

Does anyone know what tape is used by frameskines? I like how you apply it with water and then can reposition it before it drys. ive had some luck buying clear protective films from sign writers. They always few gloss and matt options that they can sell at a good price.