Recent content by SpectRe

1. SpectRe

The Photo Snob Thread

Wow, haven't been here in a lonnnng time... there's some killer images gracing these pages but holy cow, way too much photo-bitching/whinging/e-dick measuring.... Maybe I'll come back in another few months/years!
  2. SpectRe

Full time downhill mountainbike guide required for thredbo........

Need a hand down there this season Danny?! No full-time comeback for me but I do have more annual leave than I know what to do with... (Rey)
  3. SpectRe

The Photo Snob Thread

Feature right in the middle of AMB May Issue :)
  4. SpectRe

The Photo Snob Thread

Hahaha Alec... poor form mate! I was tempted to say 'dude have you checked that little hidey spot where the door should normally sit' but thought that would have been the first thing to try... Callan - those eyes are freakywickedsharp!
  5. SpectRe

Australian Interschools 2010 (all galleries now online!)

All sorted Steve, just sent you a reply! Cheers
  6. SpectRe

Thanks guys! The super-lightweight DH gallery is now up and SXC/XC have been uploaded & thumb-generating right now :) In case anyone was wondering; I was helping out in the bike shop on bike & armour duty all Friday morning and didn't get up the hill at all. On Saturday Adrian & I were tied up...
  7. SpectRe

2010 Interschools Heathcote High pics By NBT

Wicked pics as always Neil, Heathcote (Heathcut??!! haha) riders have gotta be stoked with them! Spewing I didn't get on the hill, you've got some sick shots of DH. It was nice meeting you and having a chat at the 4X (I was the lone Canon guy) keep up the good work! Rey
  8. SpectRe

Hey all, As some of you may know I was in Thredbo working with the crew at South East MTB Co in the couple of weeks leading up to Interschools and got the camera out and about for the weekend. Shots will be online as I go through the batches (4X is up now) so please be patient and check back...
  9. SpectRe

The Photo Snob Thread

And i understand what you are saying - however i did mention... "it's almost as if half of these people are all about spending more money and time simply replicating others' setups instead of LEARNING themselves" I'm not having a dig at every single person that's ever asked what lens was...
  10. SpectRe

The Photo Snob Thread

I almost lol'd. At work. Tristan you speak (or type) some sense! Inebriated or otherwise. I've been thinking similar things for a while now, hence my reason for mainly lurking on these and other actual photo forums trying to dodge all the crap and find the ever elusive valuable content. It...
  11. SpectRe

The Photo Snob Thread

No problemo! :) IMO - shooting in sRGB will be fine unless you want to get really picky with monitor calibration, custom colour profiles and printing yourself. For a bit of a run-down on the issue, check this article out...
  12. SpectRe

The Photo Snob Thread

I think you might have a conflict with Adobe RGB colour space as opposed to sRGB. Check your colour profile to find out - images in Adobe RGB will appear washed out when uploaded unless you have a browser plugin that will make the colours show as if they were in sRGB.
  13. SpectRe

Bicycle storage: Best way?

5 bikes leaning against the wall could take up a lot of room in a single garage... Check this page out for ideas... we have have 4 bikes at home in a single garage and can't fit a car in there with everything else and were thinking about something like these: Only problem is the price -...
  14. SpectRe

The Photo Snob Thread

You're going to have to weight this one up for yourself regarding the possibility of any future paid work, however generally and professionally-speaking: "If you're good at something, never do it for free!"
  15. SpectRe

The Photo Snob Thread

Not 100% sure on that one... A look into a few pro's image libraries might reveal otherwise. (Not necessarily applicable to artificially lit shots of course) I remember seeing some pro commercial photog's shots from a ski/snowboard season merged into a video clip posted on the web...