Recent content by spiderpig

1. S

26" 142x12 Rear Wheel Prefer DT Swiss

Ah, thought it might be that. Shimano 10 speed.
  2. S

Not sure what you mean by driver type?
  3. S

Looking for a rear wheel to replace the one on my 2012 Giant Trance Advanced that has grenaded. Would prefer to replace it with something like that is on it and matches the front near enough. Current rear on it is a DT Swiss/Giant LTD edition TRICON 142x12mm in black. Cheers
  4. S

Giant Contact Dropper not extending

Cartridge removed and replaced with a 330mm length of al billet rod for now. Atleast i can ride the bike until i find a cartridge or cheap post :)
  5. S

Yeah i had herd they were fairly rubbish posts but was trying to avoid paying 3 to 400 clams for a new one for now.
  6. S

Bit of a thread dig, does anyone know where to get the replacement cartridges from? Mine is shagged. Alternatively a reasonably priced complete replacement for the Giant post? Has external cable routing.
  7. S

Fat Bikes

Look pretty good and for $1000 clams makes it very affordable for someone just to have in the shed for a play/beach camping bike. But only one frame size? Has anyone had much success in fitting generic rear racks, like a topeak touring one for example to a fatbike?
  8. S

Fat bike thread?

Cheers. Just want to get a fat, can you help?
  9. S

Fat bike thread?

I seem to recall a fat bike dedicated thread in the xc forum a while ago. Is it still here or have i been living under a rock and missed something? :behindsofa:
  10. S

ACT Advice: West Kowen to East Kowen to Sparrow Hill links...

Road from sutton rd through to sparrow today, found the capital punishment 100 route through and followed it backwards, 15k each way. Not a bad run but would be nice to be able to get through from bingley way as will be able to ride straight from home then.
  11. S

ACT Advice: West Kowen to East Kowen to Sparrow Hill links...

Hi All, Is there any access from wamboin into the west or east kowen mtb trails? I live in wamboin and would like to ride my mtb in, maybe up bingley way and access the trails. Would rather not drive all the way down norton road to sutton road and ride in from there, its a big hill to ride...
  12. S

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

Cheers. Patched it up today with some super glue and another piece from a tyre i sacrificed. Add Glitter to stans hey? Will look into it. Any of the car/moto type selants from supercheap any better maybe? Thinking i might get a RR in UST version. Don't know if TR/TL type tyres are gonna...
  13. S

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

Anyone had any luck mixing some thicker ingredients/particles in with their Stan's sealant to help seal side wall cuts? Ive never had any luck with stan's sealing a sidewall tear. Always results in fitting a tube to get back to the car or a walk :( Can sidewalls be patched on the inside...
  14. S

What's the right amount of trail bike travel for Canberra trails

I think you will find the dually fine around sparrow etc, i ride there alot aswell, and Jerra. As you know the trails at sparrow etc are "smooth" compared to some, but the constant tree roots, holes and rocks still don't allow you to sit down for long - on a hard tail and can be quite...
  15. S

What's the right amount of trail bike travel for Canberra trails

IMO, I prefer that little bit extra travel to have a ball with at stromlo and not have to worry about hitting any of the little drops or jumps down the back section. Ive had my 5" travel 26" speacilized dually for a longtime now and wouldn't go anything less, ive just upgraded to a 5.5" travel...