Recent content by spinner

1. S

2024 World Cup Downhill / EDR

I tuned into tiz this morning for a quick look. Livestream was good quality and stable. I'm gonna go with it as long as it's reliable. Stan can be plan B.
  2. S

eBike with best reliability and repairable.

Warranty is gonna save you if you are unlucky enough get a dud. Post warranty will come down to kms and treatment. Water ingress is the main culprit , but in Aus I'd consider that as less of a threat than say the UK. Of the 3 brands you mention , the chances are slim to nothing of having any...
  3. S

I'm not stressed over the cost. As long as it has the "mute CG and Ric" button like GCN had last year , I'll take it. ;)
  4. S

Newly Released eBikes and eComponents General

The Mavic E DeeMax that came on my 22 Mondraker Crafty aren't too bad if you possess a small amount of finesse and mechanical sympathy.....and a spoke key. If however you feel that paying $11k for a bike means you shouldn't have to consider any of the above , you're gonna have a bad time.
  5. S

I'm hearing ya! In 2017 I fitted a Bafang BBSHD mid drive kit to my old DH bike for a laugh. At that point , I became an E biker (oops!) and the laughs continued every time I rode it. I fitted a dropper post , 11-36 cassette , mid cage der and rode that thing for over 3000ks in the years that...
  6. S

Keeping the 29 front wheel , a good head angle and more travel than the SC fork had would be a pass in my books , not like their effort :)
  7. S

Just another desperate attempt at content. What a completely pointless exercise.
  8. S

https://tiz-cycling.io/categories/mountain-bike/ I didn't try this last year but it seemed to be the best alternative to GCN+ Looks like we might have to rely on it this year.
  9. S

Snakes

I didn't check the colour of the belly , but this guy was super chill at Mt Beauty a week ago. It was in the same spot as I went past it at speed , didn't flinch and hung around for some pics too. :cool:
  10. S

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Still on shock pumps , I have been using one of these for a couple of months now. Very happy with it. Doesn't feel cheap in action , has the nifty little engagement screw to depress the valve core after you have screwed onto the schrader body. Absolute bargain at $16 delivered...
  11. S

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

I ordered Pinnd cranks from Scotland , 9th of Feb. Arrived today 19th Feb via Royal Mail. Postage was $40AUD
  12. S

Anyone using a Shimano Centrelock wheel on an ebike .

Giant run centrelock hubs on some of their E bikes. Drop into Cycle Station next time you're in Albury.
  13. S

Headset cable routing is deal breaker for me. If I have to keep my current bike until "the industry" gets over itself , so be it! :mad:
  14. S

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Just ordered the PNW dropper lever , although the Hope was tempting for only a few dollars more. Dropper Levers
  15. S

What made you decide to e-bike?

Thanks for the link ! I recently took my bike to the LBS which is an authorised Bosch service centre for them to assess and service the motor if necessary. Getting close to 3000ks of use , I figured some preventative maintenance wouldn't hurt but was surprised when they told me to run it until...