Recent content by spurr

1. S

wagga wagga for a few days - should I take my bike?

There are a couple of trail maps available on the local club page: http://www.mtbwagga.asn.au/?page_id=75 Pomingalarna (Pomi) is the most popular/known spot in town, leans towards the XC end of the spectrum but still some fun downhill bits. Main loop is good fun but there are plenty of other...
  2. S

Post your 29er!

Lucky boy Quick trip back to where the journey began... After close to 4 years suffering under my heft a crack appeared at the top tube/seat tube junction. :ohwell: In an unexpected display of excellent warranty support the frame was replaced with the current Stumpjumper World Cup...
  3. S

Garmin Edge 510 has frozen

If all else fails, might be time for a format and reinstall. I've been running the latest beta firmware without issue so far. Can find it linked at https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?156344-Edge-510-software-version-3-28-Beta
  4. S

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

New hoops! After 3 years the stock Rovals started cracking around the eyelets so got the LBS to lace these up... Nothing flash, but I am now a member of the cool noise brigade :Banane18:
  5. S

Good news: Long overdue replacement of BB30, rear hub bearings & rear rotor ahead of the Mont this weekend, great to have it going and stopping without the squeaks and grinding I've endured for the past couple of months. Bad news: discovered some cracks around the eyelets in rear rim = more...
  6. S

Mont 24 advice

Can't wait for the fun to start. In a team of 4 and it's the first 24hr event for all of us, first race for some and first night ride ever for one... expect to see us propping up the bottom of the leader board :third: Bit of a n00b question - I'll have a Garmin 510 along for the ride, is there...
  7. S

Thomson 27.2 Dropper

Fuck the haters! Nice change seeing pics of a bike that actually gets ridden instead of the usual showroom specimans that abound 'round here. Sweet post too!
  8. S

Wagga Downhill scene

Majority of the local terrain and trails are definitely more XC orientated, but there are some downhill tracks up at Willans Hill. Check the maps at http://www.mtbwagga.asn.au/?page_id=75 for a bit of an idea, but you'll probably do just as well by heading up the top and following your nose.
  9. S

Sram PG1070 cassette, KMC X10SL chain compatability.

I'm running the same chain and cassette without problems, using SRAM shifting gear but can't think of any issues with using an XT shifter & derailleur instead. With a single ring up front you only need a derailleur with enough capacity to cover the spread of the cassette. There is a 25 tooth...
  10. S

Intense T275 Carbon Tracer

*spoont* Nice ride! Have always loved Intense, but never owned one myself (one day!) Wondering about the reasoning behind the Shimano brakes with Avid rotors? Thought everybody loved the Ice Techs?
  11. S

You can't polish a turd!

Custom hand job. Very nice.
  12. S

Washed the thing for the first time ever. The Gravity 12hr at Bright yesterday was a bit muddy...
  13. S

Dakine tail pad

Have always assumed tail pads were just for shuttles, but has anyone used one for transporting bikes longer distances? Are they sturdy/legal enough for highway use?
  14. S

Garmin Vs Magellan

Been thinking recently about getting a GPS myself, I've seen online reviews saying the Garmin 200, 500, 510 and 810 (and no doubt others) have a virtual training partner feature which sounds like it could provide what you're looking for. Check out...
  15. S

Why motorists dislike cyclists...

Knobbish behaviour like this wouldn't help win motorists over...