Recent content by SteppenW

1. SteppenW

ACT Canberra Centenary Trail Opening

Save the date and join in celebrations for the opening of the Centenary Trail. The Try the Trail Day will be held at five different locations along the alignment. This is your first opportunity to check out the trail. Why not join us and make a day of it? Everyone is welcome. Contact...
  2. SteppenW

Canberra Centenary Trail Blaze

A joint venture of CORC and Pedal Power, the 2013 Centenary Trail Blaze is a 130k off-road cycle event staged over 2 days. A mass participation event rather than a competition, it showcases the newly commissioned Canberra Centenary Trail and its environs. Each stage of the event is a loop of...
  3. SteppenW

Convict 100 - Entries Open on Monday (3 Dec)

And another one... Me too. Always a fun and scenic ride. Let's see if I can avoid walking the first climb this year.
  4. SteppenW

Scott Entries are Open for 2012

Yes, the track is in great condition. SFP have done an excellent job of smoothing and improving. The Luge, for instance, is flowing like a fountain, coming down a mountain... My digits are crossed that the weather gods will be smiling. Can't wait.
  5. SteppenW

2012 Highland Fling

OK. I'm in. I look forward to the Fling each year. It's a complete package: camping; travel; fun and scenic trails; quirky themes; good food... The ride? Challenging if you want it to be, otherwise it's just a proper ride. Like the atmosphere; like the Early Bath. Like!
  6. SteppenW

Stevens Bikes Husky 100 - 30 June 2012

Not your normal marathon It was a bit different. No massive climbs; actually it was pancake flat and the KOM was a 50m pimple. Good mix of surfaces: grass, sand, hardpack, mud, ooze, quicksand; no bitumen unless you count the road crossing. Some nice singletrack at around 70k, but mostly...
  7. SteppenW

WEMBO World Solo 24Hr Website Open

... And another video Here is yet another video. This one shows a good selection of the tracks and uses some intereting perspectives and video techniques. http://www.mtbontv.com/2012/05/wembo-24hr-world-champs-2012-finale-ligure/#.T7_jcuNAejk.mailto
  8. SteppenW

And here is a video that someone has stitched together, from YouTube: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gjvHChm-wkc Make it viral.
  9. SteppenW

Try this URL: http://webtv.ivg.it/2012/05/20/finale-ligure-un-successo-il-mondiale-wembo/
  10. SteppenW

Something that really shits me...

Check your keyboard Rapid Ascent? I don't think I'd classify them as notorious spammers. Actually, they're one of the more responsible promoters of our sport. I've found the OO to be a well-run, challenging and quite satisfying ride. Don't want the message? Hit Delete. Or unsubscribe.
  11. SteppenW

Entries Open for 2011 24 Scott 24Hr - 8 & 9 October 2011 at Stromlo

Canberra Soft Road Cyclists There was one shower this afternoon to re-dampen the track. It's drying nicely now and will be fast and grippy over the next couple of days. No dust this year. Rejoice.
  12. SteppenW

Future World Solo 24 Hour MTB CHampionships

Italy, here I come I'm going to have to brush up on my Italian. I've enjoyed each of my solo efforts (after the fact, of course): Mont, Scott, Sydney 24, CORC solo, 24HOA WSC. However, lately I've become a bit jaded and think that I need a change. Italy looks like the medicine, and from what...
  13. SteppenW

2011 SRAM Singletrack Mind Series

I'm in - hope it doesn't bloody rain That's me entered. I've been a bit soft lately: feet up, Masterchef on TV, dogs on lap, roaring fire... The perfect antidote is exersion, sweat and dirt. Bring it on.
  14. SteppenW

2011 Dirt Works 100km NSW - Entries open tomorrow.

An excellent ride I'm a bit of a DW tragic, having done each one (that makes it 7 I think). I remember the first year's hike-a-bike ascent through a still smoking controlled burn. That wasn't fun. Subsequent years have seen big improvements. For instance, I think in 2006 or 2007 I managed a...
  15. SteppenW

2011 SRAM Singletrack Mind Series

Sad, but the right decision The conditions were already pretty appalling. At rego this afternoon, and just as I said "Gee, I think the weather is lightening up", the rain came down in sheets. I've got a 24hr race next week, and a muddy slogfest with a last-minute bike rebuild are not on my...