Recent content by Steve_N

1. Steve_N

NSW Port to Port 2014

http://flowmountainbike.com/2013/10/racing-port-to-port-stage-race-announced/ This looks interesting... Have always wanted to do the Cape to Cape but logistics got in the way. This looks like a worthy alternative. However, clashing with the Convict 100 will present some issues...
  2. Steve_N

What Strava Seg would you love to hold ?

I'll take any KOM that points upward... :biggrin1: Anyone who knows me knows I'm no climber...
  3. Steve_N

2013 Tour Divide

I think it's case of washing the gear if they bed down somewhere with a fixed roof or hitting the local laundromat. I've heard Arran has been taking the opportunity to hand wash his clothes in the bathroom at a couple of places he's stayed...
  4. Steve_N

tradic loss

Hey Cabbo, condolences to you bro, I know how you feel. I lost my wife to cancer last year and it's utterly devastating when you lose someone so close. One thing that I found (for me) was to keep riding... literally. I had a lot of negative feelings for some time afterwards and I found that I...
  5. Steve_N

29er Fat Bike - Surly Krampus (29+)

Got to ride one around the LBS a few days ago... Seriously impressed. Felt and rode a lot lighter than it looked. Liked the flotation feeling, could just imagine what it be like on the trails. And not a bad spec either... Now just trying to figure out how I can fit it in the shed... :-D
  6. Steve_N

Good Knicks

I use the Lab-Gear (now Eleven Velo) bib knicks. Love them so much I've actually bought three pair. Super comfy, nice fit and come with nice little touches like small pockets in the front of the leg to hold gels for longer races and one on the lower back for a wallet/phone etc. Highly...
  7. Steve_N

Australian Champs - Stromlo

I raced the Rocky Trail marathon there last weekend and used Maxxis Ikon's set up tubeless and they performed just fine. I think the amount of rain expected will bed down the dust just nicely so I wouldn't think grip'll be an issue. It's rocky out there so tubeless is a must. The number of...
  8. Steve_N

New Garmins. 810 & 510

If you're really desperate for live tracking from an 810/510 and don't want to pony up the cash to upgrade from an 800/500, why not get a real time gps tracker app for your phone? Most people ride with a phone these days so as long as your better half/mum/dad/whoever have the app on their phone...
  9. Steve_N

Rocky Trail 100 2013

Tough day for me at Stromlo yesterday. One word to sum it up, brutal. I haven't felt that bad during a race in a long time. I came into the race a bit underdone and it showed. That being said though, I did finish and there were lessons learnt and positives taken away. Big thanks to Martin...
  10. Steve_N

Giant 29er hardtails 2013

You can't... There's no dealers or distributor here. You can order direct from Swift Carbon though. Flick them an e-mail and they can sort you out.
  11. Steve_N

Giant 29er hardtails 2013

Was at the LBS today and the Giant rep happened to be in. Asked him the availability of the XTC Advanced SL frameset and his response was "early Feb 2013". Basically the deal is is that they get all the orders from the shops then put in the order request with Giant HQ... Bit of a wait...
  12. Steve_N

Convict 100 - Entries Open on Monday (3 Dec)

Another 50 for me... (50 is the new 100 don't you know?) After snapping my chain this year and losing 10 minutes or so I really want to try and do better...
  13. Steve_N

2012 Highland Fling

Holy crap dude, you are lucky to be in one piece!
  14. Steve_N

2012 Highland Fling

I was super stoked at my result this year, being 15 minutes faster than last year for the Half. Last year I really suffered esp. in the last 10-15kms so I decided this year to take it a bit easier during the first section then ramp it up a bit in the second section. Seems to have worked. I...
  15. Steve_N

The Kowalski Classic Opens June 1st

My thoughts: Great cruisey vibe to this event. I've found some to feel a little "uptight", esp. the one's part of the XCM Series. I guess more is on the line at those but this one was really cool. I think it may have helped by the fact that I usually attend these races alone, but this time...