Recent content by stevo78

1. S

Post your 29er!

Got a side entry cage since the photo
  2. S

Post your 29er!

Finally got around to putting my new steed up. Had it for a few months and its awesome, few cockpit changes still to come.
  3. S

Carbon cyclocross wheels

Looking into new wheels for the cx bike and was curious about the Chinese carbon wheels. I know there's heaps of info out there but couldn't find much relating to the carbon braking surface and cyclocross racing. Would be rim brakes and I'm not sure about the stopping power with the carbon...
  4. S

Travelling through europe

Thanks for some great advice Wilso1. Mostly road riding but would be great to get in some dirt on the way Ideally imI'm looking for good places to stay for a week that I can ride straight from the accommodation and somewhere I can hire a bike. Like to see Roubaix and then the amstel gold race...
  5. S

Thanks for all the great advice guys. Plans are still pretty vague at the moment. Plan on following the Spring classics in France and Belgium during April but also may head to the Alps if the weather permits but being April it could well be still snowing. Was looking to base myself in Grenoble...
  6. S

Planning my European adventure for next April and was curious as to what other people have done. Still deciding on whether to fly over with my bike and hire a car or camper and drive around staying at cheap accommodation. Or is it better to use public transport and hire a bike while over there...
  7. S

Sold

$25 + postage. Perhaps I shouldn't have posted this thread up while drunk. :-)
  8. S

Sold

Yep ESI and chunky not chunkey, thanks for the heads up.
  9. S

Sold

Item: Esi Grips Chunky Black , 2 sets Location:Adelaide Item Condition:Brand new Reason for selling:Not required Price and price conditions:$25 each + postage Extra Info:2 sets available Pictures:coming
  10. S

Sold

Item:Shimano XT 10spd Cassette 11-36 Location:Adelaide Item Condition:Brand new Reason for selling:Not Required Price and price conditions:$50 = postage Extra Info: Pictures: Coming
  11. S

Wombat 100 - 13 April 2014 - Official Event Info Page

Got a few. Schwable racing Ralph's and thunder burt( which was the original plan before the rain) Maxxis ikon, ignitor, aspens and beavers which are new cos I'm soft and don't ride when wet. So yes I have too many options
  12. S

I do have a set of beavers too so may look at those. Is it worth doing a pre ride there Saturday to get a vibe of the trails and get a bit dirty.
  13. S

Having never ridden in Woodend I was wondering what peoples opinion is on runningmaxxis ikon on the back. Not sure if it's worth the hassle of changing over to a ignitor or something similar.
  14. S

What's the chances of cancellation?
  15. S

Mont 24 advice

I completely agree. It's not as simple as I payed $180 and should get $180 back. These companies have to balance keeping the business afloat and keeping customers happy. I waist a lot more money on useless bike bling than the race entry so it's a matter of perspective and I came from Adelaide so...