Recent content by stickso

1. stickso

WTB: 2 x 180mm Sram Centreline rotors

Sounds good - thanks.
  2. stickso

Thanks - didn't realise there's a template for wanted. Will fix it up.
  3. stickso

Item: 2x 180mm Sram Centreline rotors in good nick. Location: Sydney but will pay for post Price: Less than retail - ideally around $20 each
  4. stickso

NSW Sold

Item: Stans Flow mk3 29" wheelset with boost hubs, tape & valves Location: Cherrybrook (Sydney) Item Condition: Excellent apart from a couple of small scratches on the rear wheel. Bought new in April 2017 for $800 (2 months old). Reason for selling: Bought these to try 29" on my Stumpy...
  5. stickso

29er vs 27.5+ frame/fork difference

Depending on the geo, a 29er with a low BB might end up too low with 27.5+ tyres resulting in a lot of pedal strikes. Also, the size of the tyre affects this such as a 2.8" Maxxis not being as tall as a 3" Specialized tyre. A 27.5+ bike is more likely to ride well as a 29er than the other way...
  6. stickso

Question about Reach and cockpit length on AM and trail bikes

TT is a rubbery figure dependent on the seat tube angle. A better comparison is reach which is the horizontal distance from the BB to head tube. XC bikes which are designated for a longer stem will have a shorter reach than a AM/Trail bike.
  7. stickso

NSW Sold

Open to offers. These are $500 new including the remote.
  8. stickso

NSW Wanted: 27.5 wheelset 15x100 / 12x142 wide rims

I still have these available - interested? https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307236
  9. stickso

AM 2016 Avanti Torrent CS 7.2

Very respectable weight for a bike with that much travel. Looks great.
  10. stickso

NSW Sold

Item: Fox Transfer Performance Dropper Post - 30.9mm diameter, 125mm drop, internal cable Location: Sydney Item Condition: Like new - 6 months old Reason for selling: Need more drop for my long legs Price and price conditions: $350 posted Extra Info: Includes under bar remote & a new...
  11. stickso

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

Look for the Facebook group too. Good for trail status updates as it closes after heavy rain.
  12. stickso

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

There's a good mix now with a lot more beginner friendly singletrack + more for experienced riders. If you're driving Ruddock Park is still the best place to leave the car.
  13. stickso

Enduro Hardtail Frame

Nice bike. Weight isn't that big a deal for these bikes but steel and wide rubber isn't always heavier. My Norco Torrent frame is 2.6kg which is on par with steel and 27.5x2.8 and 29x2.5 DHFs are both 1kg. But there are different pros and cons with wheel/tyre size which are the deciding factor.
  14. stickso

Enduro Hardtail Frame

I've been riding a hardtail Torrent for a few months and my Stumpjumper has been pretty neglected since then. It's just good fun. 2.8 tyres are awesome for taking out a lot of the trail chatter (and heaps of grip) but the aluminium frame of the Torrent is very stiff and transfers a lot of the...
  15. stickso

SOLD 9point8 175mm dropper 30.9

PM sent...