Recent content by stinky1138

1. stinky1138

Street rides - improvisation/inspiration/interpretation

Not strictly street but the rail is portable so. .. Finally got a pic of it being used :P
  2. stinky1138

Been riding park mostly here. Tho lately I'm trying to learn pull up bars. Got a bit stuck in the actual throw, i go to toss them and they fall back straight. Going to get some video help this weekend. Been taking the grind rail out too. Going to Bass Hill tomorrow if anyone wants to sesh it :)
  3. stinky1138

Dirt Jump Frames with 142 x 12mm Sliding Axle?

IIRC one model of Transition Bank came as 142x12, if you can find one.. The Morpheus Vimana is a 12mm axle, but doesn't specify if 142 or 135.
  4. stinky1138

shin/knee pads?

IME 5.10s are shit and have caused me more issues than not. The sole on the ones i have is very, very stiff. So stiff that I can't actually bend it which causes my foot to bounce around on the pedals--a lot. Flats vs clips aside... The most comfortable knee/shin combo i've ever worn was...
  5. stinky1138

everyone i ride with is better than i am :P They don't know how to coach tho, so i get the same old 'just jump across and do it', 'just pedal backwards', 'just go faster'... or 'I don't know, i just do it'. I can't grind or hop up a curb sidways to save my life...but hopping across a flat...
  6. stinky1138

Finally got around to watching this. Ulg, i can't stand little kids. And I find so many tutes like this to be bad. This kid obviously couldn't tell someone why they're having problems with anything, he wouldn't know or understand, and couldn't tell you how to fix it. Usually people who do...
  7. stinky1138

Monster park was about 10 mins ride from my house... :/ but they don't seem to be rebuilding. There's only like 1 other resi in the Syd area. Lame! I've seen the gmbn vid. I was wanting first hand opinions tho. Really good riders usually forget that stuff they think it's easy is still a...
  8. stinky1138

I have one :) It's ok, but I prefer the Circus. I just don't get that same rebound effect as a low pressure air fork.
  9. stinky1138

All circuses have a coil in them. :) They are stock at firm or extra firm, which is my biggest issue. I run no air, and on a totally flat landing I might use 60mm of travel. Generally I'll get maybe 40mm out of them, they're only an 80mm fork. I have the expert tho, from like 2012 or so ?
  10. stinky1138

Husband is goofy. He rides LFF, but is right handed. Does all his "tricks" as tho he was RFF. He can spin and grind both ways tho, fucker.. :yell: Looks like we'll get out this weekend, so I'll try something. Maybe get a pic or whatever so we can all have a good laugh. :) The DJ1 looks...
  11. stinky1138

Are you goofy ? I can't push the bike towards my back foot side. Been wrapped up in art projects lately and haven't even thought about riding but i did look up a how to table top today again. I reckon it's a bit beyond me atm.
  12. stinky1138

I can do tweaks and bar turns--wouldn't go so far as to say they are whips and x ups tho. I run 710s, i'm a midget. :) We call a pancake a table i think ? And if it's just a small one, a coffee table :) Is that a beginner trick tho ?? Seems kinda hard to me ? Or do you mean like an...
  13. stinky1138

Can anyone in this thread do tricks? Been seriously (by that i mean proper bike and trying hard) riding dirt for 6 years now (street park for half that). After watching some videos from a few years ago,i realised all I've gotten better at is bike control. Lame. So i want to learn some...
  14. stinky1138

Grassy bank to drop ? I tried riding a grassy bank near my house...but damn, hit the grass and the speed just disappears.
  15. stinky1138

street bmx for 7/8 year old

If you buy a Mafia, use "olaten" to get 10% off. Not sure how long it's good for tho. Probly only a few more days. People love to hate on Mafia, but one of their riders has put the MadMain thru some crazy stuff and it's still going strong. The dude is not adept about covering up how many frames...