Recent content by Stredda

1. Stredda

$2.5 million for Tassie West Coast trails and maybe Maydena?

Yes it's a great trail. Takes me about 4 runs to get dialed in and I still don't hit all the big stuff. The other factor with that trail is the amount of riders that go down it. I'd love to have a trail counter on it to see how many.
  2. Stredda

The Bin Chicken

Yep we are pretty spoilt for choice. Great time to be a mountain biker in Tassie. George Town is pretty good for what they have done so far and the next stage down the road is bigger again.
  3. Stredda

We removed the whale tail at the Penguin MTB park for that very reason, it was just busting people up on a regular occurrence. I do hate dumbing down trails but you do need to ensure that the trail is predictable and balance that safety vs sketchy level. Air Ya Garn at Derby would have busted...
  4. Stredda

The Bin Chicken

And George Town now too! I'm at Latrobe, a Wild Mersey suburb:p
  5. Stredda

The Bin Chicken

Nice! I've heard good things about the Ripmo. Where in Tassie have you moved to?
  6. Stredda

There's always going to be the odd person that makes a mistake or pushes the boundaries too far but hopefully that's not too often as I hate the backlash that the new trails often get about the burden on the medical system and tying up resources. I'm sure when you look into the data that there...
  7. Stredda

That story was followed up by this one, and where the local GP was saying it was pure luck that the local medical services have not burdened by the new trails:rolleyes: I think with the amount of riders that have been down the trails in the last six months since opening and only one serious...
  8. Stredda

A guy broke his hip on the Waterfall trail :eek:
  9. Stredda

Confessions from the fuckwits

Yeah I can't watch tv or even listen to a podcast, when I need to concentrate on a task. I can have music going if it's not too mentally demanding but if I really need to focus I can't have any distractions.
  10. Stredda

Feet going painfully numb when descending

I did mean the same pair of her socks each time she rode but, you never know! :eek:
  11. Stredda

Surely she wouldn't have happened to be wearing the same pair of socks but you never know lol.
  12. Stredda

Thanks that's interesting to know.
  13. Stredda

Thanks for the advice fellas, gives us a few avenues to try at least. :)
  14. Stredda

Thanks for the offer, but we'll see what we can find. Like to get her something nice and new with modern geo.
  15. Stredda

The funny thing that she never got numb feet for years and has had the same old pedals the whole time, it's only the last few months that have given her issues.