Recent content by Stringybark

1. Stringybark

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Jesus !!.....I better get the gate unlocked.....watcha mean ?.....on Sunday ?...….where ?
  2. Stringybark

He has spent countless hours following roo trails through the bush & on one occasion he foolishly decided to take a RAKE. 10yrs, 1,000hrs, 9 rakes, 6 pair boots & countless blisters , the mad bastard's still at it !! After two 25k & one 10k singletracks on the town's southside, he's now working...
  3. Stringybark

NO DON'T !!...….please, for your own sake...stay right away from the roo trails.
  4. Stringybark

What does your day look like?

In the 'good times' when I see a truck load of cattle worth a fortune...I wannabe a farmer. :) In the 'bad times' when I see a truck load of hay worth a fortune....it's naah, stuff that !! :(
  5. Stringybark

Yeah, but the old bastard (Stringybark) doesn't know what he's talking about half the time !! :(
  6. Stringybark

Sadly, one rain event doesn't end a drought (even 120mls). It was VERY heavy....some filled the dams, which was great...& the rest headed for S.A. The grass won't grow now until Sept/Oct & then only if there's good rain beforehand. In the meantime the hay keeps roll'n through at up to $35,000...
  7. Stringybark

Views exclusive to two wheels

HRD WARNING This post may contain descriptions of scenarios/events which could be fictitious/hypothetical/bullshit/whatever ? The old bastard can't go up this way but if he's in his usual confused state, he could very well come down this way ? Jesus !!...…………...that'd be guaranteed entertainment.
  8. Stringybark

I'm not on a farm but I drive/ride past them every day. The dams are all pretty much full. Unbelievably, about 6 weeks back we had 120mls overnight...never seen anything like it. Water through my shed...bloody near swept my bikes downstream…..I didn't have em tied up !! Rain like that can...
  9. Stringybark

The QUICK question thread.....

I have one of each on the rear of different bikes....The DD was bugger all extra (on special at the time) I'm very happy with them, from memory I think the DD was an extra 150grams ? I personally would not go the extra $ or grams.....the std one is beefy & heavy enough for me (but I'm an OLD dude)
  10. Stringybark

Central N.S.W...….& sadly, with no light, it's time to get home.
  11. Stringybark

Chain failure advice ?

The intention was definitely to try & find a reason...otherwise one will be waiting, waiting, waiting for it to happen again. The chains never been on the big gog (well, not while I've had it) but that's beside the point I guess. Whenever I buy a new bike I aim to get one that's been boxed until...
  12. Stringybark

Chain failure advice ?

Shit, I know how to do that...first thing I do when I get a new bike. Plastic transparent flouro…...bright purple one side, pink the other...…& it looks REALLY good.
  13. Stringybark

Chain failure advice ?

Don't worry I'm chilled....didn't you notice the :) on my bar end explanation post. I'm all for the good humoured posts & at the same time happy to respond to any snaky ones. AND I'm still waiting for a 'good bike' recommendation ?
  14. Stringybark

Chain failure advice ?

The photo above is at a 25k singletrack which I scratched out (solo) over 2-3yrs worth of Saturdays. It is about 5ks from my home & nowhere on the track is further than 2ks from my ute. The majority of it would be within 1.5ks. SO, why the F#%K would I be lugging around a bag full of shit that I...