Recent content by suktrona

1. S

cashies bike buying etiquette

after a nice pm from a senior member in the know and a quick look on the google, it appears to be a 08 santa cruz bullit, see link below to compare. http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb2600034/p4pb2600034.jpg I dont know if going as far as saying you'd be insulted is a fair call, but I did ask for...
  2. S

Art so far never bought any bikes from gumtree or cashies for two reasons, 1. Cant fathom riding someone elses stolen property 2. Im mixed race hence look more ethnic than your local yiros vendor and dont need the extra hassle. more often than not these bikes are fair shagged in spots but...
  3. S

Hi guys, If this has been discussed recently my apologies but Id like to ask for general opinion/consensus for second hand bike buying, specifically when something feels a bit fishy. If you have a look at the below link you can see what is listed as a cane creek santa cruz :D...
  4. S

VIC Sold

Stupid question, but assuming its running 24" wheels as google states would the forks take 26" or are they special kid specific forks? Im thinking parts bike...
  5. S

700C wheels on a 26" HT frame? Sacrilege?

its been rawed and has a slightly different wheelset on it now but it works a treat as a simple commuter/pub bike
  6. S

700C wheels on a 26" HT frame? Sacrilege?

I did this to an older malvern star mtb. even the calliper brakes fitted with minimal adjustment. It is setup single speed on 700c x 28 for minimal maintenance and ease of being able to source 28s.
  7. S

SA 165x38 rear shock (preferably rockshox or manitou)

Item wanted: 165x38 rear shock (preferably rockshox or manitou) Location: Im in Adelaide but will pay shipping Price range/Willing to Pay: $100 under Extra Info: I have a brand new 9sp M800 saint rear derailleur/used 30.9 (by memory) race face seat post with sdg saddle/ ('09) marzocchi...
  8. S

Hard tail advice

I recently went through the same process, my mates had all gone out and bought AM/XC bikes and left DH alone for the time being, if you insist on going new I would have a look at a Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (were down to $649 for the 2012 model from my lbs) the only other things I found...
  9. S

Followup to 1x9 setup - how my ride turned out

No, I bought a new 9sp shimano chain and put her on. Im no chain length expert, when I put the chain on with the rear derailleur sitting in approximately the right tension the chain as it was looked like it was the right length. Ive added a chain device since then and hasnt been an issue since...
  10. S

Hmm, Ive only ever ridden DH at Fox (bowl/fast/long/steep) and always shuttling, so will probably need to wait till one of my XC mates has some time to show me how to climb up from the carpark, but by all accounts Ive heard its a hard slog up. The Widgit was indeed suggested, but as the crankset...
  11. S

Next ride Ill be sure to take a few more snaps, was taken as a momento rather than technical spec photo!
  12. S

Hi all, Thanks to all who contributed to my previous thread regarding 1x9 AM style setup. Went for the inaugural ride at craigburn farm yesterday with a 34t on the front and a 11-34 on the rear and surprisingly was reasonable enough to get me up hills without the need for medical attention...
  13. S

SA Sold

Pm sent your way!
  14. S

SA ISCG 05 BB adaptor

Item: ISCG 05 BB adaptor Location: Im in SA but will throw some coin at postage Price range/Willing to Pay: Say $15? Extra Info: Thanks in advance.