Recent content by T-Rex

1. T-Rex

Rear Wheel. Spokes Detensioning. Creaking noise under braking or climbing.

That small increase in tension won't matter. How much tension are the spokes losing after a couple of rides? Or are they just getting creaky? If the latter, you could try assembling with linseed oil, it acts as lube when you are assembling, then sets after a week or so and acts as thread lock.
  2. T-Rex

What's everyone doing with their wallet, phone and keys on a ride?

Good question, I was in the same boat and completely got sick of it. Now if I'm driving to a ride, I now only carry my car key, licence and one credit card. These fit easily in my shorts. Wallet, bunch of keys etc stay home.
  3. T-Rex

Rear Wheel. Spokes Detensioning. Creaking noise under braking or climbing.

Are you sure it's the wheel that's creaking?
  4. T-Rex

2018 Commencal Supreme V4.2 Air Sock conversion - Help needed

Where is your mate and his bike located?
  5. T-Rex

Tech Question - 10mm Front Axle

Most of your risk is around getting water in bearings in this scenario. Anyway, give some thought to what's going to be easiest to replace/repair if you do have a problem out in the middle of nowhere. I believe this is why most serious 4wd people drive either Toyota or Nissan - parts availability.
  6. T-Rex

2018 Commencal Supreme V4.2 Air Sock conversion - Help needed

Have you contacted Commencal Aus and got their feedback?
  7. T-Rex

Tech Question - 10mm Front Axle

You are over thinking it. QR will be fine for what you are doing. If your use case was "I'm competing in the Slopestyle at Crankworks" you might need something a bit more substantial.
  8. T-Rex

NSW Giant Defy road bike carbon Ultegra Di2 medium frame

SOLD. Pending payment
  9. T-Rex

Templates don't exist.
  10. T-Rex

Selling my immaculate 2014 Giant Defy, as I mostly ride MTB these days, and the Defy has had very little use over the past three years. This bike would make a great upgrade from an entry level alloy frame, it has carried me on 200km rides which I could not have done on a lesser bike. I've...
  11. T-Rex

Skewing the olive

Check inside the lever body for a bit of broken thread or a bit of broken olive. It looks like something is preventing it from sitting square when it crushes. And are we 100% certain it's the right olive for that hose?
  12. T-Rex

Skewing the olive

This is not a bad idea @DMan . Maybe try it with the olive in the lever body, do it up finger tight and see if the olive is rattling around in the lever body. If it is loose, you have either the wrong olive or the wrong flare nut, and that's why it's not crushing. Be careful not to get the...
  13. T-Rex

Skewing the olive

The olive should be a bit of a friction fit over the hose, it definitely should not wiggle around before you do it up. Is this the case?
  14. T-Rex

Skewing the olive

15. T-Rex

custom wheel builds - feedback

I9 for Northern Beaches. The narrow angle of engagement makes a big difference on the technical climbs.