Recent content by T-Rex

1. T-Rex

ACT 2020 Giant Anthem 29er 2 medium

Yeah, cracked a rear rim on my Defy roadie, Giant gave me a complete new matching wheelset, front and rear.
  2. T-Rex

NSW Bantry Bay trees cleared

Have you had a look at Deep Creek? On the weekend the Trail Fairies whispered in my good ear (the one not deafened by the chainsaw) that it's still full of fallen trees and needs some work. LMK.
  3. T-Rex

MTB trails for teaching 6 year old?

Adding to the above suggestions, the first 2-3km of the Deep Creek trail at the bottom of Mt Narra, coming in from the lagoon end. I believe it's full of fallen trees ATM, but they will get cleared out in the next couple of weeks. For a little kid it will get progressively more challenging the...
  4. T-Rex

Chain shifts down cassette when backpedalling

Why is this even a problem? Unless she is trying to get her fakies dialled?
  5. T-Rex

The Bantry Bay tracks were in surprisingly good shape, only a few puddles. Manly Dam not so much, and a couple of people said it was still closed a week after the big downpour.
  6. T-Rex

Thredbo - all you need to know

Excited... should be good for Super Enduro next weekend
  7. T-Rex

Did a sweep of the Bantry Bay tracks with my favourite gardening tool, cleared a lot of fallen trees south end of Possums and the fire road parallel to it. North end of Possums looked like someone else had tidied it up already. According to riders I met Serrata and Gahnia were clear, I didn’t go...
  8. T-Rex

Thredbo Super Enduro 2020

Sorry about that....
  9. T-Rex

Thredbo Super Enduro 2020

I’ll be there. Wrenching for the DHaRCO folks. Come and say Hi.
  10. T-Rex

Tubeless setup

See if you can get your hands on a 9 litre water fire extinguisher. Places that service fire extinguishers often have decommissioned ones. Empty the water out, then pressurise to 100 psi using the inbuilt Schrader valve. Make up a bit of tube to adapt the nozzle down to fit over the valve...
  11. T-Rex

Where to get bearings?

DIYMTB Good luck getting bike pivot bearings from a regular bearing supplier like CBC
  12. T-Rex

Home Brew

Does anyone want some bottles? Two overflowing milk crates worth, see pic. I would probably keep a couple for sentimental reasons. North Shore Sydney, or could bring to Canberra in Feb. All Euro style tops ie not twisties
  13. T-Rex

Sun ringle single track 26” tubeless

You will need sealant from the get go, it won’t hold air with just the tube
  14. T-Rex

I think we did this before Youtube, totally experimental at the time. One thing to be aware of is that seating the tyre can be a bit tricky, as there is not a tight fit between the tyre bead and the rim, so you may not be able to inflate it with a pump. We used to use a 9 litre water fire...
  15. T-Rex

Waaaayyyyy back, before tubeless was a thing, we used to convert MTX into tubeless by slitting a 20" schrader tube around it's outside circumference, thereby making a combined rim tape and valve. Worked a treat.