Recent content by takai

1. T

Bargain buys thread

Pushys are doing some pretty decent pricing on Stans Flow wheels. Debating between a set of those for the Rune, or a set of Elitewheels Carbon things.
  2. T

Confessions from the fuckwits

Might give it a go again at some point. But for now, tubes are in.
  3. T

CX bike. I don't find that the 35C tyres have enough air volume to reliably seal punctures.
  4. T

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Thanks for that. Much nicer stress-strain graph than the Wikipedia one that was the first result at lunch.
  5. T

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Very pretty When you ordered them do they come in pairs, or is it one rim per listing?
  6. T

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Mmmmm, thats pretty galling. Ok, longer explanation time. This is a basic Stress-strain curve (stolen shamelessly from Wikipedia) The section of the curve between points 1 and 2 gives an area where most of the deformation will be relaxed when removing the strain from the bolt. However, as it...
  7. T

Its still TTY, just lower in the plastic deformation zone and therefore they deem any residual strain in the bolt acceptable for a limited cycle period.
  8. T

Torque plus angle is torque to yield. It’s designed to get the bolt into elastic deformation consistently. As for a spring washer, they aren’t about torque settings per se, but rather about vibration. That said it looks like you have nylocs on the bolts anyway which provides the same...
  9. T

Bought new wheels, deeper dish. Didnt buy new tubes with longer valve stems...
  10. T

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Yeah, its a Bafang BBS02b kit, with the 48v batterypack from our old family cruiser (Marin Larkspur). The frame mounted rack on the front is pretty weird TBH, makes it feel a LOT longer than it actually is, and gimps me out on steering because it doesnt track with the wheel. Great for cargo...
  11. T

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Not quite an MTB, but i scavenged parts from various MTB upgrades to finish it off: Goes like stink when wound up to 11 as well (but only for very short distances). Gotta find the Maxxis Hookworms in the garage to replace the Kendas, but the M785s have plenty of stopping power for it. Now i...
  12. T

Banshee 27.5" dropout kit Gen 2/3

Cool. Have messaged @Labcanary and will message Keith.
  13. T

DT350 Non-Boost to Boost end caps?

Looking to convert a 15x100 wheelset to 15x110mm, nothing fancy. But all of the suppliers are saying it cannot be done, and that no-one ever does this with hubs (tell that to Hope, Mavic etc). Surely the DT350s are convertible from 15x100 to 15x110 with an accompanying 5mm brake spacer? Or have...
  14. T

Banshee 27.5" dropout kit Gen 2/3

Item: Banshee 27.5" dropout kit Gen 2/3 (bolt up flip chip) Location: Melbourne With MTBDirect no longer listing them, and Missing Link not returning calls, I am searching further afield. Anyone have a dropout kit?