Recent content by tasty.dirt74

1. tasty.dirt74

Product Review Brand X Ascend II dropper post and remote

Cheers for that.. I have had a look online, but no luck. Thanks..
  2. tasty.dirt74

Product Review Brand X Ascend II dropper post and remote

My Brand x dropper is slow to return to full extension.. Would this just be air pressure, as it hasnt seen much use? The link to the race face one shows a air valve at the top of the post. I presume this is to add air pressure to adjust the return speed?
  3. tasty.dirt74

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Kinda difficult when the frame is this colour...daisies added for extra masculinity kudos.!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. tasty.dirt74

Trying to figure out how to integrate the green on the fork/shock onto the bike. A mate lent me a bar for testing width out, and it kinda works, doesn’t it ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. tasty.dirt74

Just received these in the mail... Custom jobs made for the great one.. Jared Graves.. fit perfectly thankfully . Little bright for me, but hopefully bright enough for the bike they will be used for.
  6. tasty.dirt74

The new Stumpy showed its weak link when hard charging the trails in Rotorua recently. By about the second day it became apparent that the Ohlins STX22 air was not capable of dealing with any kind of square edge, with a harsh feeling and a wooden feel. With autosag feature, we resorted to...
  7. tasty.dirt74

What bike stuff you get yourself for Christmas?

Thanks poods, Yeah customers.... will leave that one right there!!! Also, didn’t realise that this would arrive before chrissy, so imagine my surprise when a note from auspost arrived.. so stoked this got here , as all others pale into insignificance next to this.. To all the young uns...
  8. tasty.dirt74

Cheers mate [emoji106] . You too. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. tasty.dirt74

Let’s put that in perspective... I work in hospitality.. let that sink in... Minimum wage.. 4 kids. Not alot of cashflow. Dad passed away this year so these presents are basically from Dad( and his house sale). My previous bike was a 2011 Stumpjumper and my previous car was a 2001 forester. So...
  10. tasty.dirt74

This.! And this too.... And off to NZ in early January for 10 days riding with a bunch of mates... woot. Btw, a usual Christmas is all about the kids.. this one still is, but time for a treat! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. tasty.dirt74

Had a last minute retro ride. Good turnout considering how last minute the notice was. Nice mix of mtb and road bikes.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. tasty.dirt74

Giant Trance 29er

This was on my short list, along with Norco, rocky mountain, specialized and even polygon.. Ended up going with a stumpjumper as it was frame only, right wheel size, frame size and s works.. Tried to do frame only for the trance, but was going to be even more than the s works stumpy frame ...
  13. tasty.dirt74

POS Just another Stumpjumper

The new Brand X 150mm internal dropper post arrived yesterday. Thought it would be a good idea to install it last night after work.. ..... 2 1/2 hours later ........ After much cursing and searing the little darling was installed and going up on down as its meant to. As the bike was built...
  14. tasty.dirt74

POS Just another Stumpjumper

Frame - 2017 Specialized Stumpjumper S Works Rear shock - Ohlins Front shock/fork - DVO Beryl. Set at 140mm, can be run at 160mm if neede Handlebars - Ritchey 720mm. Flat Stem - Headset - Stock Grips - ESI Saddle - Specialized BG Seatpost - brand x showing in pic is 125 external. Will be...
  15. tasty.dirt74

differing bike warranty discussion

It may be that company I am dealing with.. The frame box came with huge letters that said "must be assembled by authorised bike shop", or words to that effect..