Recent content by Tazed

1. Tazed

2003 Intense Tazer [Final Build]

My Taze is my toy. I ride it wherever I can, mostly local mucking around on the streets and so forth. But barely off road in recent months.
  2. Tazed

2003 Intense Tazer [Final Build]

God I love these bikes! Now, to answer the question about the Reba, no - it came with the remote. But, you can rip out the return spring and get an adjuster knob, I believe. I just run it without the remote and no compression damping.
  3. Tazed

DH 2009 Giant Reign X0

Very nice, but you need to get rid of that butt-ugly spoke guard on the rear wheel!
  4. Tazed

Replacing Bearings on Crank Brothers Acid

Changing bearings isn't hard. The seals should keep most crap out, so maybe you had an issue there. Personally, I'd invest in a couple of kits. Shop around online, as prices vary greatly (*all due respect to DW...). Even CB's website direct - I've purchased off them before (due to local...
  5. Tazed

iPhone/iPod touch compatibility

Sounds great. I'll be a tester if you like. On another note, the forums have suddenly turned to poo when accessing from my iPhone. It functions properly, but CSSes seem shagged. Anyone else experiencing this? EDIT: Well fuck me. While posting that, it returned to normal. What are the chances...
  6. Tazed

Brakeless DH

Yes, but the old shit is always better - in retrospect :D For example (and here's one for the old timers): Kooka cranks in lightning anodised purple/blue...
  7. Tazed

$ value

Getting back to the topic, I can fully see his point. Any way you look at it, it's a big wedge of cash for a light. Until you get used to that price, and perhaps why it costs that much, such comparisons of value are easy to make to show the apparent ridiculousness of the cost. Having...
  8. Tazed

Car Accident - No Insurance

Right. You've made your choice not to be fully covered based on pure logic. Faulty, but logical, nonetheless. Insurance is about risk management. It's about having a backup when you need it, which - like any backup plan - might mean never. I assume you're prepared to pay out of your own...
  9. Tazed

Car Accident - No Insurance

In tail-enders, as previously stated, the car causing the initial impact is at fault. His insurer (well, we know he doesn't have one) would be liable for all your costs, not the van in the middle (he is not at fault, as he was hit). I know this, as an ex girlfriend of mine went through this...
  10. Tazed

Leaking Rear Disk Brake

Time to stop assuming! :D The 3 uses different parts from the 5 and 7 (as is implied in the CRC description, which only mentions the two brakes). You can order the parts you'll need from your LBS. Sure, it'll cost you more, but you'll also need the $60 bleed kit to finish the job (and you...
  11. Tazed

Which headset for M6

Whatever you do, get the headtube faced. I love Intense, but if your headset's not sitting correctly you might be a victim of Intense's notorious quality control. Assuming the headset cups were pressed in properly, of course. If you go Chris King, make sure you get a facing, anyway - they...
  12. Tazed

Leaking Rear Disk Brake

Given your level of experience (no offence intended - just going by the methodology of you actions) you should do the following: Take your rear brake to your shop. They will overhaul the caliper, replacing damaged parts and bleed as required (bleeding requires Avid's kit and some technical...
  13. Tazed

Pic requirement for "Sale" threads

Yep, absolutely agree. Thread should be pulled if pics are missing or of too low a quality to actually assess the item(s) for sale. I mean, really, if you've got time to sell and item, you've got time to take its pic first. Believe me, it helps sell for the price you're after!
  14. Tazed

WTB: Crank Brothers 50/50 Silver Pins (short or long)

Item: Crank Brothers 50/50 pedal pins (silver, long or short) Location: Melbourne preferable, but, really, anywhere in Oz Price Range/Willing to Pay: $0-10 Extra Info: Want the crapola silver pins, NOT grub screws. Long would be awesome, but you'd probably have short pins if you have any...
  15. Tazed

Still not sure about buying from CRC?

On the OEM point, when retailers sell OEM parts, 99% of the time it's due to a cancelled order (post manufacture) and the manufacturer needing to recoup losses moving it on cheap to get rid of it. OEM stuff is not made to be retailed. And it also doesn't mean it's substandard (though it can be...