Recent content by telemike4

1. T

24 hours unsupported - any Burners ever done it?

Oh yes, and if your short of crew then run solo until about 8pm. If you cant manage that then you don't have any hope.
  2. T

24 hours unsupported - any Burners ever done it?

You can do it physically, sure, at the right pace. The challenge is mental at 1am-6am. A crew can help with that. My first time would have been my last if not for the fact that i didn't want to waste my crew's efforts. You can find a crew, some will be better than others, but any are better...
  3. T

Malvern Starter build

The shorter stem will increase response, and the wider bars will slow it down
  4. T

Training tips while building for my first 24 solo

What is your target. 250kms will put you mid field, which is nothing to be ashamed of. you can do this on much less than 10 hours per week, as long as you have the mental toughness. I did WEMBO and did 300kms and i didn't average more than about 7 hours per week (some weeks more, some zero). Are...
  5. T

Old xc frame

I have a first series trance (which is only half a degree slacker than the current Anthem I think) with brand new pivot bearings (unridden) and a good shock. Size is 18 or 18.5, not sure. PM me
  6. T

Odd question - crying in 24 hour races

Yes, done it several times, though with more experience it has largely passed. Answer one was correct. The solution is just to keep pedalling. Way back in the archives someone said to do a 24hour you needed to go out training with no lunch, get lost, run out of water, have a mechanical, and...
  7. T

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

steve, that sounds like a cracker of a ride. but for the issue of children I'd be seriously interested. Good luck with it. michael
  8. T

WEMBO - 2013 World Solo 24Hr Championships Canberra

Great Race That was a great race CORC and WEMBO. Well done. Thanks to the midnight singers atop the hill (hopefuly ASADA didn't come up and test you), the lady in the yellow bikini (wasn't quite sure in this day and age what to say, but there should be more of that), the bongo drummer and other...
  9. T

WEMBO - 2013 World Solo 24Hr Championships Canberra

I'm in. And with this course I have some prospect of achieving a PB. Don't quote me on that at 3am though.
  10. T

2013 Tour Divide

A great ride by all the Aussies, and the rest of the riders. I enjoyed the running commentary on bikepacking.net, as i didn't have time to follow it all directly myself. Thanks for keeping us posted on the Aussies Canberoo
  11. T

2013 Australian Solo 24 Hr Champs : Easter : Stromlo

How long was that track? I had it at 13kms, but others had it at less.
  12. T

It was a tough track. I rode the first 17 hours until an inner ear problem gave me vertigo. I thought about how hard it would be to do 20-30 laps of just bluetongue and little seymour, or the downhill track, or "that bastard hill" while out riding and it didn't sound appealing.
  13. T

Is there a rider list available, by category by any chance. I'd like to see tha names of all the people who will beat me.
  14. T

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

where are you off to Fatguts
  15. T

Scott 24 Hr 2012

entries Russ When are solo entries closing? thanks