Recent content by The Duckmeister

1. The Duckmeister

WTB Shimano 9spd Rear Derailleur

Got a 9-sp. XT going spare.
  2. The Duckmeister

How many extra links to start with for the chain (11 speed)

If your cage length is too short, you're up the shit whichever chain-measuring method you use.
  3. The Duckmeister

How many extra links to start with for the chain (11 speed)

Dumb way of doing it. Doesn't allow for chain growth, nor does it allow any tolerance to increase either chainring or large sprocket. Better way is chainring & small sprocket, through the derailleur (which is at its most retracted at this point), and pull just enough tension so there's no...
  4. The Duckmeister

ACT Found WTB Shimano brake lever or whole set of cheap brakes

I have a complete M775 XT brake set if you're interested.
  5. The Duckmeister

The QUICK question thread.....

Basically the same, but a few different bits in the Charger kit. If nothing else though, never ever EVER use the one kit for DOT fluid & other juices; keep them totally separate.
  6. The Duckmeister

converting to 1x11 anything to look out for?

Off the fuckwits' thread for you.... any shifter has one less click than the number of gears, because it's already in a gear at either end of the stroke.
  7. The Duckmeister

165mmX38mm Rear Shock

Got a Fox Float R (rebound, but no compression damper adjustment). Serviced a few years ago but barely used since. $150 posted. EDIT: Scratch that, it's too short. However, I do have a Rock Shox Monarch RL (Rebound + lockout) the right size, and a fair bit newer than the Fox. $200 posted for...
  8. The Duckmeister

TAS Good cheap brakes

Got a set of M775 XTs in good nick. :-)
  9. The Duckmeister

Can I sub a R.H lever member unit into a L.H lever body? (Shimano M785 brakes)

The locating holes for the springs are different, hence the left/right non-swapability. They can be dismantled, there's a tiny grubscrew hidden under a rubber plug, which once loosened allows the pivot pin to be pushed out. I'll have a squizz, I might have a compatible parts donor.
  10. The Duckmeister

Little Things You Hate

It really shits me when co-workers take in a job booking but all they put in is the customer's name - no description of what needs doing or even what the thing is!
  11. The Duckmeister

I spec something to bar clamp

Took them a couple of goes too.
  12. The Duckmeister

I spec something to bar clamp

11-sp. narrows it down to two possibilities.
  13. The Duckmeister

Can I sub a R.H lever member unit into a L.H lever body? (Shimano M785 brakes)

They're different bits, basically a mirror-image of each other & not reversible.
  14. The Duckmeister

VIC SEMI-SORTED: 26" Fork, 100-120mm travel, medium to decent level

Thanks, but XTR hub isn't convertible - need T/A fork.