Recent content by The Fish

1. T

339mm BB height and pedal strikes

I found that I got more pedal strilkes the better rider I became, just pushing harder and pedalling more.
  2. T

DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

I thought he was punch drunk or something, straightening carbon bars on triple clamps? He hit the deck hard!
  3. T

DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

Can someone tell me what Greg Minnar was bashing his bike for after his crash? triple crowns needing aligning or something?
  4. T

YT tues comp carbon or alloy?

pretty sure that is a picture of an aluminium model, just going off whats on the website re 'colourways'...... still nice looking though!
  5. T

YT tues comp carbon or alloy?

I have a few dents in my glory that I wonder about in terms of wether they would have made a carbon crack. Does aly dent = carbon crack? 1kg is a heap though!!
  6. T

Insurance

So is it possible to get insurance for income that doesnt exclude extreme sports?
  7. T

Prototype 650B Banshee Legend

Getting that shock out could be difficult!? Looks very nice though, the machined bb area is interesting, any other manufacturers with a similar concept?
  8. T

XO 1DH 7 speed

Its screwed into the dropout tight, right? Why do you think its the drivetrain? Not the rear shock mounts?
  9. T

Agreed, its a war out there! Its all or nothing, would need to change the format to reward lower placed riders more so you get rewarded for consistancy maybe. Maybe best of three runs? Maybe super long courses so its not seconds but minutes between places??
  10. T

I agree about keeping things civilised, my humble opinion is that unprofessionalism turns non-diehards off and holds the sport back. The wc riders are incredible atheletes with skills and commitment, they deserve the biggest paycheques the sport can possibly give, so that means getting more...
  11. T

True true but doing it after crashing on a awesome run at world champs is understandable, we all cried(hows that for a diuble standard eh!!) ah well, live and let live right!
  12. T

Yes i agree with atherton keeness, i think it was his cairns run i re-watched recently and it looked as if he had broken down (helmet buried in the bars and shaking) at the finish, it was a bit odd. I guess hes enthusiastic which is a admirable quality but so is some restraint in my humble...
  13. T

Ex823 cracked on the weld....

I will do the same, but first i need to actually find a retailer with stock. Plenty of 36 holes out there though :(
  14. T

Should we start writing downhills obituary?

Well i havent found the dh scene unfriendly as such either but it has a 'young male action sport' feel to it complete with frequent throwing of horns and chainsaws to motivate participants. In my old age it sometimes makes me cringe. Personally i wish dh scene would move closer to downhill...
  15. T

Ex823 cracked on the weld....

Anybody know why the 823 seems hard to get right now. Neither jenson or crc have 32hole in stock, i just bought from tbsm but its expensive and has taken 6 days to get into the post + another 2 in transit :( Where else is good to get them? Someone mentioned newer rim designs are wider, maybe...